Moroso Catch Can Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dude...you made a post written as if it were your own thoughts. I knew instantly I had read it before....dropping one line into Google proved I had. That's plagiarism by definition.

No...you don't have to identify sources around here....but you could at least post your own thoughts if you're gonna pass them off as original.

I think I'm working with a measly. 193~ posts.... Go back and check them. I speak from my own mind. I posted something without a source....
You called me on it.... I didn't deny it. Lol I'm not hiding.

I don't sugar coat ****, I have posted things before along the lines of what I copied over. I submitted the post in a hurry and didn't think it was a "big" deal.

I don't think it's plagiarism on a forum where it happens more than you think.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I use a gatorade bottle with a hose duct taped to the top. Works great.

Seriously though, a catch can is a catch can. Whether it be a moroso, BT or whatever company that makes one. Its catches oil, thats it. Dont go knocking which is better, nobody cares because people will spend the money on what THEY want. Theres internet mechanics here who can read articles all day long and theres actual mechanics here who arent afraid to call you out.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Performance maybe not. Functionality, yea.
My opinion

The only real draw back to the BT is emptying the can. The Billet Tech can requires you to carefully loosen the bottom end, and simply dump it.
My opinion shared by Moroso Catch Can Installation

The Moroso offers a drain valve. You can also run hose off the barbed end and drain it from below the car. It is really a nice set-up in my opinion.

Also my opinion shared by Moroso Catch Can Installation

The sad reality with most forums is that they encourage group and bandwagon type thinking. One member makes a mod, and everyone tends to follow suit, without researching for themselves.

Do believe I said something close to this just a few posts ago. So likely another shared opinion by....
Moroso Catch Can Installation

Sort of... Piggybacking and then turning it into a "trend".

My opinion.

This post has been clarified just for unbroken.

*****...no...those are the opinions of Lone Star Mopars being shared by you. Not the other way around. Don't get mad at me for busting you...I just have a good memory. LOL

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I use a gatorade bottle with a hose duct taped to the top. Works great.

Seriously though, a catch can is a catch can. Whether it be a moroso, BT or whatever company that makes one. Its catches oil, thats it. Dont go knocking which is better, nobody cares because people will spend the money on what THEY want. Theres internet mechanics here who can read articles all day long and theres actual mechanics here who arent afraid to call you out.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

That was my whole point to begin with. They all do the same job...some have convenience features people may like over others but at the end of the day they all just catch oil.

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
*****...no...those are the opinions of Lone Star Mopars being shared by you. Not the other way around. Don't get mad at me for busting you...I just have a good memory. LOL

See my recent post. No mad and already commented on the other part.

Also I had never read that article until right before that post. So in pretty confident in saying they were my opinions shared by another. Lol

Check your PM's

Last edited:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have both the Moroso and BT, or find info as to their dimensions? I swear the Moroso appears larger?

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have both the Moroso and BT, or find info as to their dimensions? I swear the Moroso appears larger?

Moroso Catch can

Part Number: 85472
Separator Tank Shape: Round
Separator Tank Diameter (in): 2.875 in.
Separator Tank Height (in): 4.500 in.
Separator Tank Material: Aluminum
Separator Tank Finish: Polished
Fitting Attachment 1: Hose barb
Fitting Size 1: 3/8 in.
Fitting Attachment 2: Hose barb

They are published HERE:

http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/85472.htm

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I guess because the BT functions well and looks better than other cans anyone who buys one just jumped on the bandwagon? By that logic because I have a Vararam Im a Ramforum fanboi and just got it because its kool that other people on this forum have it. :rice:

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I think I'm working with a measly. 193~ posts.... Go back and check them. I speak from my own mind. I posted something without a source....
You called me on it.... I didn't deny it. Lol I'm not hiding.

I don't sugar coat ****, I have posted things before along the lines of what I copied over. I submitted the post in a hurry and didn't think it was a "big" deal.

I don't think it's plagiarism on a forum where it happens more than you think.

Dude, ive read this before too!! hahaha :chair:

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Why has something as simple as a catch can gotten turned into a ******* match? I don't understand how MY choice of catch can should be an issue with anyone unless they are buying it for me. My BT can is clean and mounted out of the way. That's why I bought it. I do like the drain feature of the Moroso can and will drill and tap my BT can one day when I have time. The Moroso can is a good looking can and if you want it mounted there then so be it. I choose to have one that is near the engine so it is out of the way. Now, don't go pick this post apart by arguing what out of the way means, blah blah blah. Unbroken is right, if you want a drain, then drill and tap your can. The others are right, too, if you want something different, then get a Moroso. It's just not important enough to argue about. Damn. The fact is that if a product is good it will sell. If it sucks, no matter how many people brag about it, it will eventually come out in the light as a bad product. BT wouldn't sell so many cans if they weren't good. I also bought mine from Moe's because I love his customer service. That alone makes it worth the ten minutes it will take me to install a drain one day. And everyone who says that taking the bottom off to see whats inside is 100 percent correct. Even if you don't live in Canada you should still look at what your engine is spitting out. This is a Ram forum, I think if anyone on here was a bandwagon gitteroner then they'd probably drive a F150 and be on another forum........

OP
OP
Alfonsio

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is certainly getting ugly...
Nice catch can. It looks better than the eBay special I got for 18$. How does the Moroso mount?
Aother question: how stiff should the inlet/outlet hoses be on these cans? Mine are fairly soft. If there's good negative pressure, I could see it collapsing. If its positive pressure, mine will be fine.

The can is attached to a bracket, the bracket mounts to a radiator bolt. The hoses are flexible (1/2 inch heater hose made by Goodyear).

OP
OP
Alfonsio

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why has something as simple as a catch can gotten turned into a ******* match? I don't understand how MY choice of catch can should be an issue with anyone unless they are buying it for me. My BT can is clean and mounted out of the way. That's why I bought it. I do like the drain feature of the Moroso can and will drill and tap my BT can one day when I have time. The Moroso can is a good looking can and if you want it mounted there then so be it. I choose to have one that is near the engine so it is out of the way. Now, don't go pick this post apart by arguing what out of the way means, blah blah blah. Unbroken is right, if you want a drain, then drill and tap your can. The others are right, too, if you want something different, then get a Moroso. It's just not important enough to argue about. Damn. The fact is that if a product is good it will sell. If it sucks, no matter how many people brag about it, it will eventually come out in the light as a bad product. BT wouldn't sell so many cans if they weren't good. I also bought mine from Moe's because I love his customer service. That alone makes it worth the ten minutes it will take me to install a drain one day. And everyone who says that taking the bottom off to see whats inside is 100 percent correct. Even if you don't live in Canada you should still look at what your engine is spitting out. This is a Ram forum, I think if anyone on here was a bandwagon gitteroner then they'd probably drive a F150 and be on another forum........

Yikes...I didn't intend to create any hard feelings. I think next time I add something on my truck, I'll think twice about posting it. I'm not the worlds most mechanically inclined person. I was just happy as a pig in **** when I finished the installation process.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
It looks awesome and I am sure it will be a much loved upgrade for you. I check mine about every 500-1000 miles depending on whether I am driving long distances or driving the truck hard or not. Usually have about 1/4-1/3 full on my BT can when I check it, but two or three times ago it was probably 3/4 full. Never have seen it that full before. Oil looked good and clean. Have never seen any milky watery looking stuff in mine but I live in Texas so I probably won't ever. lol. I remember growing up and everybody wanting the old Moroso valve covers etc.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yikes...I didn't intend to create any hard feelings. I think next time I add something on my truck, I'll think twice about posting it. I'm not the worlds most mechanically inclined person. I was just happy as a pig in **** when I finished the installation process.
I am new to the forum here,

but your install looks great.
Kudos to your super clean looking engine compartment.

You got an incredible deal on your can,
I would be posting just to tell people about that.

I am cheap,
so I care more about the deal than the brand. :)

OP
OP
Alfonsio

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am new to the forum here,

but your install looks great.
Kudos to your super clean looking engine compartment.

You got an incredible deal on your can,
I would be posting just to tell people about that.

I am cheap,
so I care more about the deal than the brand. :)

Thanks!!

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I may have missed it, but do you have an 8 speed out 6 speed? I'm gonna buy me one of these morose units.

Edit: I noticed you have a 2010. Nvm. lol

OP
OP
Alfonsio

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I may have missed it, but do you have an 8 speed out 6 speed? I'm gonna buy me one of these morose units.

Edit: I noticed you have a 2010. Nvm. lol

6 speed

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93