Most comfortable riding shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan Klein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I replaced the factory worn out shocks on my truck with the Monroe ones about 2 years ago now. I want to replace the Monroe's with something a little better. I was wondering people's experience on shocks, and which ones make for the best ride quality. I'm not interested in lifting my truck, because I don't want the constant wearing out of suspension parts that come with it. I just want it to ride as good as possible. Over the time I've had the truck I've replaced parts and drastically improved the ride quality, and am trying to go the extra mile to make sure I've got a good riding truck with quality suspension parts that will last a long time. Help is greatly appreciated.

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am... resurrecting this thread. The reason being I am questioning the quality of my ride as well. My truck is a 1500 2WD with 5.7L.

Last year I installed the Monroe 911186 shocks in the front, Monroe 911187 shocks in the rear. The ride quality leaves some comfort to be desired but handling is pretty good. With a stock-height truck and no rear swaybar the body still rolls a bit above 50mph.

If anyone has installed the following it would be great to get their feedback:

Stock/OE Class
KYB 344398 Front / KYB 344385 Rear
MONROE 37206 Front / MONROE 37207 Rear
SACHS 311120 Front / SACHS 311121 Rear

Improved Handling/Performance
KYB KG5785 Front / KYB KG54342 Rear
MONROE 911186 Front / MONROE 911187 Rear

Heavy Duty
MONROE 34514 Front / MONROE 34515 Rear - "Gas Magnum" Series

This doesn't include any "adjustable" systems. If you're running any of these, please share your opinion on the ride quality.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I bought my 2008 1500 new, I thought the ride quality was great with OE shocks. After about 7 years, the ride got very mushy and bouncy. I replaced the OE shocks with Monroe Reflex. The ride quality was outstanding. However, they only lasted 12 months, and started to feel just like the mushy/bouncy, 7 year old, OE shocks. I then replaced the Monroe Reflex with Bilstein 4600's. The ride is definitely stiffer, but I like it. It soaks up pot holes better, and rides more like a truck now.