Mounting a light bar on top of the front bumper...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have come to the conclusion that if I want a light bar on the front of my truck, I am going to have to mount it on the top of the front bumper.

Has anybody done this, and if so, should I expect any issues of mounting a light bar straight to the top of the bumper?

I have looked at the mount that mounts to the license plate, but it appears as though it interferes with the front parking sensors...

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
You can drill holes and use self tapping screws and be done, mounts to plastic but you destroy the top facial making the holes. Then u need to remove it to get the grill off if u need to do that for the million reasons like change the headlight bulbs. I a 42” curved single row would look clean there but I didn’t do it for all the reasons above. I decided to mount a single 36” curved under the bumper and I have rigid SRQ pro pods in the tow hook block off plates. If u search me you can find some pics of it. Looks better and functions fine as I use mine daily at night.

OP
OP
ClassicJoe

ClassicJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can drill holes and use self tapping screws and be done, mounts to plastic but you destroy the top facial making the holes. Then u need to remove it to get the grill off if u need to do that for the million reasons like change the headlight bulbs. I a 42” curved single row would look clean there but I didn’t do it for all the reasons above. I decided to mount a single 36” curved under the bumper and I have rigid SRQ pro pods in the tow hook block off plates. If u search me you can find some pics of it. Looks better and functions fine as I use mine daily at night.

I have a different bumper than you, so I cannot mount a light bar under the bumper...

I did not think about not being able to remove the grill without having to take the light bar off everytime, which would likely either wear out the holes or just be a pain for an extra step each time...

Back to the drawing board.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Which bumper do u have?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
This is not my truck, but same bumper...
I am going to cut out the section between the tow hook slots not hard to do ... just get a hood sawzall or a grinder and cut it out .... you can put a 42" curved light bar in that area ... I am probably going to do mine in a couple of weeks when I spray my buddies bed with raptor bedliner just in case I have to do some touch ups on my bumper since it's sprayed with raptor bedliner now ...

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
This bar was install by previous owner20220208_161110.jpg

It was tied to with a separate switch in to the high beams.

Attachments

• 20220208_160653.jpg
    20220208_160653.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 11