Move Power wagon sticker on back of bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was thinking about moving the power wagon sticker to the back. Still thinking about it.

What’s weird is it almost makes the truck look longer. crazy.

IMG_1611.PNG

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I worked on cars my whole life, but I was afraid to attempt this one (drilling holes in a fender). I took it to a great body shop in the area, they did it no problem. Had to remove the fender, glad I didn't attempt it.

Just giving you a hard time – I do the same thing. Wish I had the mechanical aptitude to install that snorkel on mine!

Frank Valensisi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I worked on cars my whole life, but I was afraid to attempt this one (drilling holes in a fender). I took it to a great body shop in the area, they did it no problem. Had to remove the fender, glad I didn't attempt it.
How much did the body shop charge you...

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really digging either location... looks awkward. I'd ditch the decal entirely.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would take it off the sides and solely have it on the rear.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I took my decal off the rear on my 2016 and threw into my round files. Sure like the Power Wagon chrome emblem that I replaced it with.

Last edited:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Effect_20171106_083536.jpg
KIMG0321.jpg
KIMG0367.jpg
Pictures as requested.

Middle photo. Removed the rear PW decal and also the rear LEAR topper decal during last winter in late December. The highest temperature (per weather history) was 16 degrees Fahrenheit on the date of the photo, but still the sun was shining enough on the tailgate to warm it up a bit. It came off in large pieces. Easier to remove decals in warmer weather with the tailgate attached. It would be approximately another 6 months for temperatures to be above 72F and so I chose not to wait.

Installed the emblem by removing the tailgate and warming it inside my home prior to applying it on a cleaned surface.

The pickup trucks in the first photo are my 2016, 1998, and 1978. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Last edited:

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I guess the 'grass is always greener on the other side"? My '16 Laramie is completely debadged other than the chrome block lettering on the tailgate as Grand Mesa has done in the photos above. I really also miss the cab top 'clearance lights' that were also left off on my newer truck.

I was never a fan of the Red "Splash" graphics anywhere on these trucks '15-'16 models, I believe. I know some really liked the red grill slots, but I never did appreciate those either. I guess I too am getting too old.

However, I think they got it 'just right' on the '13 Power Wagon, with the black lower, with the thin Red transfer point stripes and Matte Black Hood and Tail Gate Decals.

I think my '16 looks too plain now, and does not stand out 'loud and proud' as a PW. Especially since swapping out the wheels.

I DO have one question; on my '13, the hood decals are a flat black and would appear to be easily removable if someone wanted to, while the hood black out center section on the later trucks appear to be glossy. Is that because they are under the 'Clear Coat' layer of paint, or are they just a glossy sticker? Same question for the bed side 'Simon & Simon' style vertical graphics.