Mufflex drone suppression pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Built one, works great, under a very close set of parameters.
Temperature being one of the largest ones.

Since no air flows through the pipe (capped at one end) the air temp in it doesn't dramatically change compared to ambient air. Sooo, if you dial in the length for say 60° nominal, it looses its effectiveness (almost entirely) in say 30° weather.

I ended up putting the factory tailpipe + resonator back on. I hate how it looks, but not near as much as I hated how the prior setup droned.

TheRudeDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not quite sure what you are talking about??

I was referring to which speed gave you the better mileage. I guess you could say it's a no brainer but with the 8 Speed you can never be too sure!

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Little drone in my delete, but only at a few sections on the rpm band.. I drive in tow mode which eliminates almost all of it.

Love my delete.

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mufflex Suppression Tube

Does anyone have experience with this part? There's more drone with my 18" Mufflex than I would like, but the external sound is great and I'd rather not step down to a 24". Any info would be appreciated.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have experience with this part? There's more drone with my 18" Mufflex than I would like, but the external sound is great and I'd rather not step down to a 24". Any info would be appreciated.
Press the gear +, gear - button on the steering wheel to turn off MDS. I have the 18" Boeschbuilt kit, when the drone is annoying I put the truck in +8-

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When do you hit the gear+/- button, and does it matter what gear you put it in? Thanks in advance for the help.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When do you hit the gear+/- button, and does it matter what gear you put it in? Thanks in advance for the help.
I manually set it to "8" when needed. It allows the truck to use all 8 speeds without using MDS. At cruising speeds it will stay at lower rpms. MDS saves you about 10% on gas, not much.

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good information, thank you. I'll give that a try.

If anyone has used the drone suppression pipe, I would appreciate your input.

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exhaust Tips

Should the dual exhaust tips be flush with the bumper or stick out a bit? Mine are flush, but I've seen them both ways. I'm trying to figure out if any of the cabin drone/noise could be coming from somewhere besides the muffler, and that was my first thought. Any opinions?

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I manually set it to "8" when needed. It allows the truck to use all 8 speeds without using MDS. At cruising speeds it will stay at lower rpms. MDS saves you about 10% on gas, not much.

A) I had no clue leaving it in "8" disabled MDS.

B) How is it possible that it sits at a lower RPM when wheel speed is locked in a ratio with engine speed?

mrtosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reviving an old thread. I just installed a 14" on my Rebel and the drone is pretty bad around 57-60 mph. How effective is the drone suppressor for that range? Any updates on those that have the kit?

Housemuzik52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L
Reviving an old thread. I just installed a 14" on my Rebel and the drone is pretty bad around 57-60 mph. How effective is the drone suppressor for that range? Any updates on those that have the kit?

I just installed a DODM80 and I know mufflex site says the drone suppressor pipe doesn't work on that exhaust but I've seen that people are doing it. Wondering if anybody has any experience with it on the M80.