Muliti Amp integration 2022 Limited with 19 speaker HK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stimey12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at doing Full blown multi Amp system in my 2022 Limited that has the 19 Speaker HK system. What integration devices are being used? Someone Mentioned a Maestro DSR1 ?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean by multi-amp? Are you planning to replace the factory speakers with an aftermarket set? Just trying to get more volume from the factory ones?

Most well known interfaces are from PAC Audio and NAV-TV although I don’t know if either support the newest HK systems.

I’m not a fan of the DSR-1 due to all the software issues they had at launch. It’s possible that they’ve fixed everything but it turned me off that they were willing to release it with so many issues.

OP
OP
S

stimey12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Jl Audio vx800/8 and a vx1000 that I’m planning to install

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
AMP Pro is best

Last edited:

pilot650

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.2
Did you upgrade? I have a 2022 TRX with the HK system and have gotten tons of misinformation even from crutchfield. I thought the amp was under the seat, but apparently that may be just the ANC? The PAC harness for the 22 plugs in the back of the radio, not under the seat. It comes with a pigtail harness to connect the speaker wires out of my new amp into the factory wiring. My concern is that if the amp is not in the dash, and I tap into the new harness to send my JL amp output to the speakers, then I will be sending speaker level signal into the factory amp which would be bad. But if this is true, the harness wouldn't have any purpose. There are a male and female plugs of speaker wires in the harness made to be plugged in to each other. This makes me think the HK amp is built into the radio in the dash, and by not connecting those two plugs on the harness, the factory amp output is stopped, allowing my amp output to be plugged in and go out to the speakers. This assumes there is no amp under the seat or elsewhere downstream of the harness. Next potential problem is that if I did this, the factory amp would see literally no speakers and supposedly that may make it throw an error code. Crutchfield said I would need resistor in place of any speakers removed, which would mean the amp needs to think they are all there. But again they were wrong about the wiring and amp locations as they have never worked on a 22. I have spent a lot of time searching forums, google, youtube for someone who has actually done this and still nothing but speculation is out there. I'm sure someone has done it any maybe they can chime in to clear this up. I'm planning to try to put everything in tomorrow and would like to know with more certainty what I am getting in to. I guess the first thing is to plug in the harness behind the radio and uncouple it's speaker pass through connector, and see if the radio has a fit, or if there is sound coming from some other conduit.

I have
PAC APH-CH42
PAC AP4-CH41
JL VX amp
JL Stealthbox
JL C3 components F/R
Plan to run optical cable from CH41 to JL VX and speedwire from JL VX back to the CH42 adapter/harness/speaker pigtail