Multifunction Tailgate ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHIPLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I work at a Ram dealer and we are having trouble finding this part for a customer. We have talked with our parts program people and they can't tell us what the part is to even help. We have sent them the same picture I have added to this post. I'm not sure if this is part of the latch assembly or the frame. Just trying to help my customer out.

upload_2020-10-7_14-28-31.png

OP
OP
S

SHIPLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IT IS NOT PART OF THE LATCH ASSEMBELY. WE HAVE ORDERED THAT AND IT DOESN'T COME WITH IT. WE CAN'T EVEN LOCAT THE BRACKET THAT GOES OVER THE LATCH. WE WAS WOUNDERING IF THE TAILGATE FRAME (68321553A) WOULD COME WITH IT. BUT THAT ALSO DOESN'T HAVE CLEAR PICTURES ON THE COMPUTER.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Has your parts department tried contacting specifying? I believe the frame was readily available as well so for the sake of finding a solution I would just order it in and inspect it. Out of curiosity Does this plate rest against a bump stop of some sort?

-Benny

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IT IS NOT PART OF THE LATCH ASSEMBELY. WE HAVE ORDERED THAT AND IT DOESN'T COME WITH IT. WE CAN'T EVEN LOCAT THE BRACKET THAT GOES OVER THE LATCH. WE WAS WOUNDERING IF THE TAILGATE FRAME (68321553A) WOULD COME WITH IT. BUT THAT ALSO DOESN'T HAVE CLEAR PICTURES ON THE COMPUTER.
I sure hope your caps lock key was stuck. Because it wouldn't be cool if you're raising your voice to someone like Benny who's trying to help.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
I find this incredible FCA ignorance. Big shout out to SHIPLEY for being a World Class dealer guy. Very rare today. Surprised that AllMopar can't nail this down. Clearly this is a manufactured part of the tailgate.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Lol it's a parts guy thing, I get it. Dealer management systems like CDK and Reynolds force us to use caps.

-Benny

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I find this incredible FCA ignorance. Big shout out to SHIPLEY for being a World Class dealer guy. Very rare today. Surprised that AllMopar can't nail this down. Clearly this is a manufactured part of the tailgate.

You do realize Benny is a parts guy at a large dealership chain. He knows his stuff but if FCA isn't putting out there then he can't get it either. Not sure why you are throwing shade on him when he is trying to help the parts guy at another dealership.

Last edited:

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
You do realize Benny is a parts guy at a large dealership chain. He knows his stuff but if FCA isn't putting out there then he can't get it either. Not sure why you are throwing shade on him when he is trying to help the parts guy at another dealership.
You need to re read the post. If Benny is Shipley, then we agree. He is doing what most other dealers won't do. As stated FCA as always is the problem.