Multiple problems, 4x4, and stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madslammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Hi...
I have a 2006 RAm 1500 SLT 4x4 4.7L
I've been having trouble for quite some time... Mainly the 4x4 system and some problems like stalling when I drive on a rough road or street... The 4x4 is simply put, just not working... Last thing it did was, the transfer case was shifted to neutral automatically and wouldn't go back to gear... We replaced the shift motor but that didn't work. The last scan after that showed a code for "final drive control module"... Something about a signal not present... Ended up disconnecting the shift motor so I could use the truck in 2wd... Also I keep getting codes about the cam sensor and O2 sensors, but these come when the truck hits a pothole or some rough part...

Dodge 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would check the connection at the tipm (totally integrated power module) the so called fuse block beside your battery. If connections are good probably time for a new one.Thats what mine needed when my 4x4 was doing what yours is.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi...
I have a 2006 RAm 1500 SLT 4x4 4.7L
I've been having trouble for quite some time... Mainly the 4x4 system and some problems like stalling when I drive on a rough road or street... The 4x4 is simply put, just not working... Last thing it did was, the transfer case was shifted to neutral automatically and wouldn't go back to gear... We replaced the shift motor but that didn't work. The last scan after that showed a code for "final drive control module"... Something about a signal not present... Ended up disconnecting the shift motor so I could use the truck in 2wd... Also I keep getting codes about the cam sensor and O2 sensors, but these come when the truck hits a pothole or some rough part...
If you are having issues after hitting potholes or driving on rough roads, I would give the engine and trans wiring harness a complete shakedown and wiggle test. The issues you are describing come from a connector(s) being lose or a shorter wire/wiring harness. Check all connectors by separating them and inspecting the terminals for water/corrosion intrusion. Check wiring harnesses that go around tight turns or near a heat source.

Record and clear all of the DTC's before doing anything. Only disconnect electrical connectors while the key is off. Make sure the key is in the run position when you give the harnesses a wiggle test so if you come across the issue a code will potentially set.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was having a stalling problem with my 04.Couldnt figure it out. I replaced the speed sensor in my rear axle and it hasnt stalled since.

OP
OP
M

Madslammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Thanks… I was thinking about the wiring being loose… Ill talk to my mechanic to give it a try… Thanks again