My 2010 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That looks fantastic Cruizer! :Hump:

I like this leveling idea I have been seeing.Any pros and cons you can give me?

That is not just leveled, there's a 3" body lift in that pic. The only issues I've heard of leveling are balljoints popping. I remember it being an issue with 2013 - 2014 but not sure if it's still a 2015 problem. Would want to look into that. Most just change out the upper control arms.

Best advice is find people with a truck like yours and see what they're saying. My truck has a little of the 4x4 vibration with this setup. Not a huge problem for me.

The body lift had the most quirks being I have the wrapped front bumper. Then wanted a bull bar and had to have custom brackets done. But that's all part of customizing a truck IMO.

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is not just leveled, there's a 3" body lift in that pic. The only issues I've heard of leveling are balljoints popping. I remember it being an issue with 2013 - 2014 but not sure if it's still a 2015 problem. Would want to look into that. Most just change out the upper control arms.

Best advice is find people with a truck like yours and see what they're saying. My truck has a little of the 4x4 vibration with this setup. Not a huge problem for me.

The body lift had the most quirks being I have the wrapped front bumper. Then wanted a bull bar and had to have custom brackets done. But that's all part of customizing a truck IMO.

Yes I see your progression and just quoted that pic because it was your current! :)

Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I did this last year, but wasn't happy with the finish. Looks better now. Working on the engine cover now. Probably a few more red accents. Need a good positive battery terminal for the extra wires too. I had a nice one on my Dakota I'd like to find.

picture.php

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Not sure when you changed your steps, but they make me a bit jealous...and I REALLY like my Iron Cross steps. Looking good though- looking at your truck makes we want to go black out more things on mine haha (I'm looking at you, chrome grill)

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Those steps are really popular right now. We sell the hell out of them. I really like them too. Truck looks good! I really like what you've done with the red and black, they accent well.

RJWNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cool build man, good looking truck!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Cruizer, I came across this and I immediately thought of your truck... it's the Wrangler cousin! :favorites13:

Attachments

• image-3860134188.jpg
    image-3860134188.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image-2548068658.jpg
    image-2548068658.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey Cruizer, I came across this and I immediately thought of your truck... it's the Wrangler cousin! :favorites13:

Hmmm....

If I show this to my wife....she will want it....I will get to drive it, lol. :hmm:

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yep, same wheels. I just removed my center cap stickers that had Moto Metal in chrome on them.

There's a Jeep that always sits at a Lowe's close to me that is real similar. Black and red. I think it has black and red Jesters though. Same body style though.

My wife wants a truck but I don't want 2 trucks. I think she just wants something lifted, lol.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, same wheels. I just removed my center cap stickers that had Moto Metal in chrome on them.

There's a Jeep that always sits at a Lowe's close to me that is real similar. Black and red. I think it has black and red Jesters though. Same body style though.

My wife wants a truck but I don't want 2 trucks. I think she just wants something lifted, lol.

I think it would be ******* to have a Jeep and a truck in the family. The truck for hauling, towing and long trips, the Jeep for off-road, top-less fun and week end get-aways!

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I need the 4 door for 3 kids, lol. I drove a couple Jeeps before I bought my truck because I kind of wanted one. But it was tight inside, even the 4 door. Just narrow. And the poor acceleration killed it for me. If I could afford the Hemi conversion on a Jeep, then I might think about it. But that's expensive.

We had a Jeep Commander for a few years. With less the 70k miles it was falling apart and I do all preventative maintenance on my vehicles. That had a Hemi, was a beast in 12" - 14" of snow one year. Just killing me on replacing this and that.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love your truck bro.
Every time I see your posts, I sit and stare at your signature photo. One of my favorite/best truck on this site for sure. :favorites13: :favorites13:

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need the 4 door for 3 kids, lol. I drove a couple Jeeps before I bought my truck because I kind of wanted one. But it was tight inside, even the 4 door. Just narrow. And the poor acceleration killed it for me. If I could afford the Hemi conversion on a Jeep, then I might think about it. But that's expensive.

We had a Jeep Commander for a few years. With less the 70k miles it was falling apart and I do all preventative maintenance on my vehicles. That had a Hemi, was a beast in 12" - 14" of snow one year. Just killing me on replacing this and that.

The new Jeeps from 2012 and up are nothing to spit at. Same 3.6 motor as the ram trucks, and they actually move. The old 3.8's in the 2011's and older need to be avoided.

Room wise though, you are correct. We had my boss's jeep one night and my wife and 2 kids in car seats filled it up. No room in the back for anyone else, I wouldn't use one as a family rig. My kids fit better in my 2nd gen quad cab then they do in the back of a JKU.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My KK-08Jeep Liberty actually had more back seat room than my 12 Quad. But way less drivers.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Love your truck bro.
Every time I see your posts, I sit and stare at your signature photo. One of my favorite/best truck on this site for sure. :favorites13: :favorites13:

Thank you. Means a lot when people appreciate the work.

The new Jeeps from 2012 and up are nothing to spit at. Same 3.6 motor as the ram trucks, and they actually move. The old 3.8's in the 2011's and older need to be avoided.

Room wise though, you are correct. We had my boss's jeep one night and my wife and 2 kids in car seats filled it up. No room in the back for anyone else, I wouldn't use one as a family rig. My kids fit better in my 2nd gen quad cab then they do in the back of a JKU.

My KK-08Jeep Liberty actually had more back seat room than my 12 Quad. But way less drivers.

I have a feeling when it's time to get rid of the wife's Journey, we might go with a newer Durango or a Grand Cherokee. Couple years out though, so who knows, lol.