My Feux PW Next to a 2016 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
There's been a '16 Power Wagon at our local dealer for the past month or two, and it looks like one of my coworkers snapped it up this week:

2016_realpw.jpg

That's my 'feux' Power Wagon ('15 2500) in the next spot over. Interesting to see the ride height difference - I thought *my* truck sat high!

es

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Beautiful rig. But that red grill has to go..

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
My inner child is really wanting to paint my black grill to match. My adult is saying no

I might be willing to swap my black grille bars for your red ones, I think they're pretty easy to switch.

tojo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not a fan of those decals on the PW.

I say Plastidip your grille to see if you want it permanently done.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There's been a '16 Power Wagon at our local dealer for the past month or two, and it looks like one of my coworkers snapped it up this week:

2016_realpw.jpg

That's my 'feux' Power Wagon ('15 2500) in the next spot over. Interesting to see the ride height difference - I thought *my* truck sat high!

es

I really like your single cab, it's a nice truck. I think you should lose the Power Wagon stickers though.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I really like your single cab, it's a nice truck. I think you should lose the Power Wagon stickers though.

I agree. I know its your truck and honestly my opinion shouldn't dictate what you do to it but I dont like the power wagon sicker on your truck either.

But if it was my truck and liked the sticker, I would tell you to **** Off. your truck still looks REALLY good.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Well, you can't please all of the people all of the time, right? :)

1954-power-wagon.jpg

I could make an argument that what I did with my truck is closer in spirit to the original PW than the current iteration is, after all…

Almost every vehicle I've owned (well, except the wife's cars) has been tweaked similarly. I had a '71 VW bus painted up like a B-17 bomber, a '00 New Beetle done up like Herbie the Love Bug, and my current DD is a Honda Fit that's been rebadged as a Jazz (JDM/UK market version of the Fit). This just happens to be the direction I chose to go with my truck.

I write for a car blog on occasion, mostly on older stuff from the '30s-'80s and it's obvious in the comments that folks have strong opinions on various treatments (e.g. "donks," etc.), but the way I see it, is every person's car or truck is a canvas of sorts – whether a milquetoast Camry or a blown Z-28, it's their's with which to express themselves.

es

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hope u didnt take my coment the wrong way. Your truck really is nice. Just saying, do it your way and dont worry about others opinions.

I understand what your saying about how your truck is more power wagon in spirit

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Actually, I like the red grille. It reminds me of the 58? 300 Chrysler letter cars. Those were really badass for that era.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iralee