My first Ram, what am I going to do with it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
HELP.... I need a tuner that can;

1.) get my mirrors to point down when I go in reverse,
2.) activate the cargo camera
3.) update tire sizes / calibrate speedometer
4.) Improve throttle response.
5.) bypassing navigation restrictions while not in park

Ideally, I want to make these changes and then unplug the unit until I want to make another change. Does it exist?

Last edited:

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yup... :)

I also found this. https://www.airliftcompany.com/
I have used their equipment on my last truck. They sent me two free bags when the hose connections broke off. Great customer service! I 100% will be getting something soon.

I was also looking at this compressor. I started thinking those storage bins in the floor would be the perfect place to mount something like this? has anyone installed an air compressor on their Ram? I want it for not only the air bags, but for airing up my tires after I air down and go for a climb.

Anyone?

View attachment 462607
Check out the 5THGENERATION forum. Several have added a compressor in the bin.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HELP.... I need a tuner that can;

1.) get my mirrors to point down when I go in reverse,
2.) activate the cargo camera
3.) update tire sizes / calibrate speedometer
4.) Improve throttle response.
5.) bypassing navigation restrictions while not in park

Ideally, I want to make these changes and then unplug the unit until I want to make another change. Does it exist?

1. I dont think we offer a product for this
2 https://gotexhaust.com/i-23690402-tazer-ram-by-zautomotive.html
3 https://gotexhaust.com/i-23690402-tazer-ram-by-zautomotive.html
4 Pedal commander or Pedal Monster. We offer both
5 https://gotexhaust.com/i-23690402-tazer-ram-by-zautomotive.html

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2017 2500 SuperCrew w/6.7L Cummins and 13,000 miles.
New to the board, and new to Ram trucks. Past prized vehicle was 1987 F250 SuperCab long bed with 6.9L NA Diesel. Now that truck is a fading memory.
Will be using this truck to do medium duty haul for hire and pulling my Airstream around. Also to o pull an expedition tent trailer I built seven years ago.

I generally turn my own wrenches. And will be I’m here to get information and maybe ask a question or two. When the time comes, might even answer one or two. But til then, watching and learning.

Bro, you hijacked my thread! LOL

Just kidding. Welcome! Good looking truck!

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ok, not that anyone is paying attention, but I know what I'm going to do with my truck.

I'm going to add front camera. This thing is hard enough to park, and a front camera will be nice for the technical trails.
I'm going to go from 33" to 35" tires once the 33's have served their purpose. So I think I'll need a gear swap. Any recommends?

I'm NOT doing a Cold Air Intake or anything like that. It's too dusty where I live and I do a lot of gravel road driving.
I'm NOT going to do anything to the Exhaust either. Performance gains seem to minimal for the cost. Maybe down the road, but not any time soon.
I'm still going to use the truck for "truck" things. IE Towing, hauling, off-roading. I build lots of decks and take the Side by Side all over the country.

With all the above stated, what's the best tuner to buy? I want something that will wake up the transmission, but still need to be able to do all the truck things mentioned above. SO, what do I buy?

Tazer?
HP Tuner and contact someone?
Diablo? If so, which one?
Edge Pulsar?

Someone please Recommend something, but explain why you recommend it. I'm ready to spend some of this cash I have! HELP!

1628993615101.jpeg1628993733630.jpeg1628993663953.jpeg1628993818057.jpeg1628993692968.jpeg

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, I got a pedal commander on the way. Had a nice dialogue about the thing and decided to shell out for one and give it a try. Unfortunately, this happened yesterday...

IMG_0001.jpeg
IMG_0003.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg

I was headed down the road and the lady that hit me was behind 2 other cars trying to turn left. The first car had plenty of time to safely turn in front of me. The second vehicle was a Large SUV and it decided to follow the first car. The lady who hit me, car #3 couldn't see the light behind the large SUV so she was just following it blindly. I locked up the brakes and so did she once she realized what she had done.

I took it home, parked it in the driveway and showed the wife. She saw what happened, then told me to "move that POS off the driveway". I obliged and pull the truck into its spot only to reveal a nice new oil spot on the driveway.

I'm so mad I can't even deal. When the accident happened, i sprained my wrist. Because I let the EMT wrap it on site, the insurance company said this case has to be handled by individuals who don't work on weekends.

On the plus side, my wife said I could do anything I wanted to the truck interns of fixing it. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 3

HANSOME

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1500
Engine
I just bought a set of TAC tubes for my 2020 ram. THey were easy to install, and look great - and the wife can get in the truck without having to climb. This should also help out with the seat wear. We got the chrome ones, you should def get black.

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, here are some shots up close of the damage. Not that bad on the surface, but there is some suspension and steering issues. Shop is towing it today.

IMG_0026.JPEG

IMG_0027.JPEG

IMG_0028.JPEG

IMG_0029.JPEG

OP
OP
67 StingrayJ

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
accident map.png
Here is a google photo of the accident and how it happened. Vehicle 2 was a large SUV. The lady who hit me was 3rd in line waiting to turn left. The first 2 vehicles (barely) had enough time to get through the intersection before I got there. Vehicle 3 could not see the light behind vehicle 2. When the first two vehicles went she assumed there was a green arrow. Only when the SUV in front of her cleared the intersection could finally see the light. That's when she realized her mistake. We both locked eyes and prepared for impact. Thankfully nobody is injured. She admitted fault and her insurance has been great. They gave me this fancy rental!

IMG_0055.JPEG