My full-on custom build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
**** happens, Thats why I hate working on stereo installs. Alot of hard work there AF, but well done man, should pound good when you get the Bugs out and adjust the sound. Wonder what "Great Balls of Fire" By Black Oak Arkansas would sound like! That would require a Turntable?

Last edited:

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
sooooo what did you and chris find out AF ?? pinched wire ??? spill it

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
ya but there was a problem , so i hear . was it a pinched wire ??

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
thanks for bumping this RH, i totally forgot about it lol

UPDATE!!! its working :)

Turns out there were several issues. Sub and rear speakers RCA's were bad (so no sound out of them). Although i purposely tried to avoid them, the front window arms grabbed the front speaker wires and ripped them out of the crossover the first time i put the windows down (so no sound out of them either). with the combination of all that, no sound from anything.

I rewired the front speakers and got them working as well as replaced the 2 bad RCA's. 3 of the 4 speakers now worked (subs too). After testing with a DMM, there was a 34 ohm draw on the passenger side rear speaker wire. Obviously a short somewhere. So i pulled that wire out and ran a new one. Fixed it as well. All speakers operational. Got it all tuned up and working on installing everything again now. To this point i've got everything installed except the passenger side rear seat.

Here's the completed box.

2010-07-25164215.jpg

The drivers side seat went it, and although extremely tight, it goes in without binding at all. Seat goes all the way up and all the way down without smashing the amp. I raised the seats 3/4" so the subs dont it the bottom of the seat at all. By raising the seats, it also did the "seat mod" for me without having to flip the seat brackets. Seat backs lock in place when fully up or fully down, but half way down i can fold the back of the seat forward off the wall to allow access to the amps.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
sweeet ass set up ...are those P3 subs ?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
funny , you have the p3 , the same sub i had and you said quote "you can pump all the watts you want through them and still dont have the depth or clarity regulars have. im sure they'll be loud, but they wont have near the range. "

so tell me, same sub i asked about and you were knocking ...yet you run them .. im confused ?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
arent all P3 's the same ?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
ahh ok then .... i stand corrected then ... carry on

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
you guys still on for october? know a date yet?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
nick you have an extra? let me check my work schedule