My full-on custom build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just go easy on em for a couple weeks, sometimes the glue in the subs from the factory hasnt cured, and banging on em can make em come apart. After a few weeks they will break in and sound louder.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
thats what warranties are for. pound that ****.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
Ok guys I FIXED IT! haha no tech support needed. i worked late last night and was pretty tired of being out there, so i got complacent. even though i only got about 3 hrs of sleep last night, I went out and still caught my mistake. I just looked at the wiring diagram real close and figured out what i did. There is a blue wire (power antenna that doesnt get used) and blue wire with tinnnnny white stripe (remote amp power wire). For some reason i had the blue wire hooked up instead of the blue/white. I made the switch and now it all works perfect :) In my defense, the garage is really dark lol

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys I FIXED IT! haha no tech support needed. i worked late last night and was pretty tired of being out there, so i got complacent. even though i only got about 3 hrs of sleep last night, I went out and still caught my mistake. I just looked at the wiring diagram real close and figured out what i did. There is a blue wire (power antenna that doesnt get used) and blue wire with tinnnnny white stripe (remote amp power wire). For some reason i had the blue wire hooked up instead of the blue/white. I made the switch and now it all works perfect :) In my defense, the garage is really dark lol

Doh! The amp should have a light on it that comes on when the amp is on, that way you coulda troubleshoot it quick.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the lights were on. it was just enough signal to turn the led on, but not enough to turn on the amp. besides... i was way too tired to think to check that lol. i basically said "ahh it doesnt work @#%#(!$!$!*%@%*$ im going inside" lol

southernbnb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so wheres the video of the completed project?!?! i personally wanna hear how this thing performs!!!!

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn this is awesome..I'd love to do this.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well about a week ago i finally buttoned everything back up and called the job finished. then i started the truck and tested the system one more time. nothing worked. after about 5 hrs of troubleshooting, I found one of the amps had an internal short and was fried. So I sent it back and got a new, different amp. It came today. either this evening or tomorrow i'll wire it up and test it out.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wired in the new amp. amp turns on, but nothing out of the speakers. gonna troubleshoot tomorrow. Its gotta be the RCA's since no sound out of any speakers, and the amp turns on (which says power, remote, and ground are good)

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Thats weird that all of the rca's would have gotten pinched or cut. High pass filter turned on? Just tossing out ideas here.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Okay well you said it must be the RCA's I just assumed you had the interior back together and could not see the cables. Maybe just buy a set of cheep RCA's and use them to test. I bought my test ones at the dollar store got 12' for 1.50 so if thats not the problem you are only out a 1.50 besides there are always uses for RCA's.

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
try the subs
i just did an install in a truck where the subs were bad, replaced everything 1 by 1 w/ extra parts i had till i said 6 hrs later, i never tried the subs, swapped out, everything perfect