My New Undercover Flex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just found and bought a used, but like new, Undercover Flex. I was lucky that I found it used. I paid $400, which I think is a great deal. Anyhow, so far, after one night, it has been about 98% snow proof. If anyone has any questions about the Undercover Flex I will be happy to answer them. This is almost the same as the BakFlip G1 with the fiberglass reinforced panels (FRP) on the top and bottom, but sells for several hundred less and has a longer warranty.

I tried to post a picture, but it keeps saying upload failed, maybe this one will work. In my original picture 22" of snow is sitting on the cover.

416036_478890038828094_1474213068_o.jpg

RyeRey521

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Looks great man, I am fighting with the decision on whether or not to get a cover. Yours pic is making me want one again. I MTB 3-4 times a week and just throw my bike in the bed right now. I would be folding it up so frequently that it may not be worth it, But I love the look it gives to our trucks and like the idea of being able to keep things in the bed locked up in my bed when I walk away from my truck.....

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
That looks beautiful! When my current truck was a DD I had a vinyl snap on one on and it was OK. Once it became a garage queen I took it off and gave it to a buddy. It was such a PITA to roll up and then try to get snapped. This looks like a happy medium between a hard fiberglass tilt up and the vinyl roll up. The one piece tilt units are worthless if you go somewhere and need to put something in the back that needs to stick out of the bed rails.

OP
OP
B

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the snow melted and I didn't end up with any water in the bed.

Also, another major difference between the Undercover Flex and the Bakflip models is that the Undercover has a solid locking rod on the third panel versus the plastic locking device on the other panels. They supposedly did this so you can drive with the bed half uncovered and have the cover be secure. The Bakflip model doesn't have this.

1ffec3ab.jpg

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
Now that you have the flex for more than a month how is it working out? Are you happy with the purchase? I'm thinking of ordering one.

OP
OP
B

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far it has worked out pretty well. It leaks like crazy at the carwash, but is dry as a bone during a torrential monsoon downpour while doing 65+ or sitting still... go figure. I did just have one of the little white plastic clips break. It is the part that holds the cover down and locks under the rail. It is spring loaded and is attached the wire that opens the cover. Hopefully, it can easily be replaced!

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
I ordered the flex for my ram. I'm very happy with it so far and would buy it again without hesitation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2