My story with my dream truck 2016 ecodiesel !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgenuoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Since I was a kid my dream was to get the Dodge Ram!

I worked so hard until I got the chance to own a 2016 ecodiesel Laramie very nuce and luxury from inside with brown leather and chrome everywhere...I'm the 2nd owner the truck had 90k at that time. Let me tell you my experience in short points!

1st after a month of driving, it check engine light popped up. I took it to the dealer and they mentioned that DPF need to be replaced. They replaced it under 120k 10 years manufacturer warranty truck stayed2 weeks in the dealer. Btw it coat $4000 to replace it!!!!!

6 month later, check engine said hi again, same trip to the dealership....... intake manifold need to be replaced....... replaced under 120k 10 years warranty (2 more weeks to fix it)..... when I pick I up truck start to be crazy!!! RPM keep jumping up and down many error on dashboard. It was right after I picked it up I went back to the dealer and the told me leave it we will check it out.....

After 3 days they told me the camshift sensor wa loose.....

Then after 1 week i noticed antifreeze coolant leak on my driveway from the back of the engine..... dealer said leaks coming from the turbo line... they said it is a very big job the truck will stay 2 to 3 weeks they will take the CAB out to reach this area........ then I felt like I don't trust the truck anymore. I got scared to drive it.... Is swear I got nightmares about the truck and check engine light.... for 3 weeks I have been waiting and waiting to contact me then finally they said the truck is ready...... I picked it up then I sold it next day to Carmax....

I purchased the truck on October 2022 for 28k was 90k miles

Sold it on July 2023 for 21k 101k miles....

I feel so saaaaaaaad every time I see Ram on the street. I remember my dream car..... I will go to Toyota Tundra To be honest Toyota are incompareable vehicles !!!!

Stay away from ecodiesel engine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357