Navigation problem after Uconnect update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
After performing the 18.45.01 update to my 2017 2500 I developed a problem with the navigation system. The actual navigation function works fine, but the "next turn arrow" is off by 50 feet on the nav screen and on the evic. When arriving at the appropriate street to turn on, the navigation voice prompt correctly says "turn right (or left) now". The next turn arrow however indicates the turn is still 50 feet away. It is not a matter of the turn arrow being slow to respond because the arrow is 50 feet off even if you are stopped at the intersection at which you are turning. This is very annoying when you are driving in an unfamiliar city where the intersections are so close together. I have performed the soft reset of the radio but the problem still persists. Does anyone know of anything else that I might try?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
After performing the 18.45.01 update to my 2017 2500 I developed a problem with the navigation system. The actual navigation function works fine, but the "next turn arrow" is off by 50 feet on the nav screen and on the evic. When arriving at the appropriate street to turn on, the navigation voice prompt correctly says "turn right (or left) now". The next turn arrow however indicates the turn is still 50 feet away. It is not a matter of the turn arrow being slow to respond because the arrow is 50 feet off even if you are stopped at the intersection at which you are turning. This is very annoying when you are driving in an unfamiliar city where the intersections are so close together. I have performed the soft reset of the radio but the problem still persists. Does anyone know of anything else that I might try?
Have you calibrated your navigation?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Have you calibrated your navigation?
/QUOTE]

I did not know that the navigation could be calibrated. I will do a search for the calibration procedure and try it out. Thaniks

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You drive your truck in a counter clockwise direction under five miles per hour. I think five to eight rotations

OP
OP
N

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
You drive your truck in a counter clockwise direction under five miles per hour. I think five to eight rotations

Okay. I'll try it. Thanks

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi,

Please let me know if calibrating your navigation is successful. If not, I would be happy to assist further.

Alison
RamCares

OP
OP
N

Nietzsche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Unfortunately the calibration did not correct the problem. I tried clockwise and counter-clockwise circles both just to be sure but the problem still persists. Looks like off to the dealer once the stay at home warnings are over. On the bright side, it was easy to find large empty parking lots to do my circles in.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Unfortunately the calibration did not correct the problem. I tried clockwise and counter-clockwise circles both just to be sure but the problem still persists. Looks like off to the dealer once the stay at home warnings are over. On the bright side, it was easy to find large empty parking lots to do my circles in.
I tried 6 or 7 times to perform the same update. Made appointment with dealer. Turns out the head unit was bad. Embedded air card degraded. Now I have a refurbished head unit, all is well in my world

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I think my '14 does the same thing if I understand the problem correctly. I have nothing to compare it with though as I added nav after updating to 18.45. Usually I'm halfway through the turn before the voice tells me to turn as a bonus. I'm navigating familiar roads, still learning the uconnect nav system, so it hasn't been a big issue thus far for me.

Apparently the nav s/w folks get to work with pretty wide tolerances. :)

I can see where it could be an issue on unfamiliar routes. Fortunately for me, most of my driving is done in pretty wide open country.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I think my '14 does the same thing if I understand the problem correctly. I have nothing to compare it with though as I added nav after updating to 18.45. Usually I'm halfway through the turn before the voice tells me to turn as a bonus. I'm navigating familiar roads, still learning the uconnect nav system, so it hasn't been a big issue thus far for me.

Apparently the nav s/w folks get to work with pretty wide tolerances. :)

I can see where it could be an issue on unfamiliar routes. Fortunately for me, most of my driving is done in pretty wide open country.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please send us a message with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
RamCares