Need a Cat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
I have a mouse problem. I need a cat.

no no no not the house pet. I need a catalytic converter preferably from 02-03 because they have the single cats as opposed to the duals like 04+ have. Send me a PM if you wanna let yours go. I'm tired of the noise and want to quiet down the truck a little bit. Short of getting rid of the longtubes (not happening) and putting a different exhaust on (also not happening), this is the best way to quiet it down and keep it from stinking

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Are you gonna just do a single 03 cat or double it up like the 04 ups?

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Aaron, Gregg had two last year from 03 model he was selling and I told him i would take one. He already had the choke end cut smooth and straight to accept the 3" out. He prolly won't be back state side for a few months though. Just an idea....auto recyclers?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
prolly get a single from one of the cummins guys.

Your little motor would probably get great flow out of that LOL

T-Muns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For what it's worth, I have pacesetter longtubes into their 3" Y pipe with no cats. I was going to add cats for the same reasons then I swapped my 14" magnaflow for a 22" magnaflow. Huge reduction in noise. I dunno what exhaust you have going on, but a simple muffler change worked for me.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think he just wants a new Cat for an 03 which are the Basterd Year for our Hemi and need to retain the single set-up IMO and His Truck is one of the Baddest Cammed and Quick QCSB's ever on here. I too swapped from the 14 to 18 and now 22" Muffler and I like the Performance sound and my Tailpipes don't get so hot now and Double Walled Tips are not Burned Off like the Stainless or Chrome Tips I've Wasted.

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah I talked with Greg and he still has both the 03 cats. He's only willing to sell them as a pair, so I might take those and put them in front of the Y, because as greg told me and then research confirmed, two cats flow better than one. I dont give two craps about emissions...I couldnt pass that with or without cats (thankfully I dont have to test). My main concern is noise with a secondary concern for the stink created by running no cats.

I'm also curious if adding cats back in would boost my power a little bit by giving back a smidge of back-pressure that I lost when removing them. Some say its not noticeable, others say it is, so I dont know.

I figured I'd try the cats out and see what they do for me. Its not JUST about noise or I would swap the muffler because it's probably cheaper.

Thanks for the gracious comments Danny!

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
Aaron you could check amazon magnaflow hi flow cats are pretty reasonable on there

on tapatalk from my GS3....

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good,,Stuff, and if you still only want one I will take the other as I am sure he would do that for us if need be, but no worries if you snag both as mine is still operational at this point. Was contemplating going with the Magnaflow as shown by Moes but am saving up for a Magnatec cover first.

So how about a picture of the Stang?

OP
OP
AF_Hemi

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this being a ram forum, i dont want to upset anyone (even though you asked for them) so I'll send you a PM just to be safe.

As for the cats -- I'm waiting to here back from Moes about the two cats they offer. One is "heavy metal" with an O2 ****. I'm not sure what the heavy metal is. If its not that important, they also sell a 3" IN/3" OUT magnaflow cat for $80

If we split greg's we would each be in about $80 a piece, so it comes down to which is the better cat -- my bet goes towards the stock one, but the stock one I would have to weld whereas the magnaflows I could weld or clamp.

Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish