Need a picker-upper from my Ram friends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I've been really regretting the orange theme truck as of late. Yes its unique, yes I get compliments almost daily....but I also get a lot of flack on it too. Being in SC, people always accuse me of being a Clemson fan, or Tenn fan...even with GA stickers. IDK, but the orange isn't working for me anymore. Between the clemson flack and just having a bright orange truck, not even HEMI orange colored, but orange....

Anyone offer some insight, support, thoughts, etc? Can't trade I tried...with money down my payments would jump to almost $800 (I rolled some neative into my current and this truck is still under 5k miles). I am trying to find joy with the truck...any ideas? I was thinking of some large scale black trimming down the side (liek the hockey puck or something). Just something to break up all the orange. I took the black off the hood, which I like now. I want to powdercoat the wheels, but if I dont like the truck...hard ot spend money on it.

Any suggestions guys?

Custom_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gloss black the wheels, tint the windows, window visors, new tail lights

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen some pretty amazing vinyl wrap on some vehicles..... maybe look into something along that route??

Ram75

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If it's bothering you that bad, I agree with Buddy. Vinyl wrap is prob your best bet and a lot cheaper than a full paint job. You can make your truck any color and have any design you want. Then when it's time to sell it, you can have it removed and your orange paint will be like new still from being protected by the wrap. Good luck brother.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's bothering you that bad, I agree with Buddy. Vinyl wrap is prob your best bet and a lot cheaper than a full paint job. You can make your truck any color and have any design you want. Then when it's time to sell it, you can have it removed and your orange paint will be like new still from being protected by the wrap. Good luck brother.

Thanks bud, I need to look into this....never experienced it nor understand how it works (guessing no waxing). I need to look around here and see what prices would be.

I kinda wish it was a true orange from Dodge...Hemi orange. Thats almost red in color. But regardless, maybe a black undertone strip or something could do something for me. I do appreciate the suggestions. Paint would probably be 5k easily.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish my truck was orange...but I may be a little biased. I say slap some white tiger paws on it and come tailgate with me. Where in SC are you?

Ram75

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks bud, I need to look into this....never experienced it nor understand how it works (guessing no waxing). I need to look around here and see what prices would be.

I kinda wish it was a true orange from Dodge...Hemi orange. Thats almost red in color. But regardless, maybe a black undertone strip or something could do something for me. I do appreciate the suggestions. Paint would probably be 5k easily.

Keep us posted, post some pictures when or if you make a change.

Bullitt279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say HUSH! But they are #1 right now....and my pathetic Dawgs cant figure out what QB to play much less how to play

Sorry man my oldest just graduated from there. Can't say I miss the ride from beach to Clemson. But I think adding black wrap to half would look good. Hope ya figure out something.

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish my truck was orange...but I may be a little biased. I say slap some white tiger paws on it and come tailgate with me. Where in SC are you?

Summerville (outside Charleston). I do get compliments on it...just losing the desire for it right now....and constantly hearing "ya a clemson fan I bet" doesn't help matters.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
So, I've been really regretting the orange theme truck as of late. Yes its unique, yes I get compliments almost daily....but I also get a lot of flack on it too. Being in SC, people always accuse me of being a Clemson fan, or Tenn fan...even with GA stickers. IDK, but the orange isn't working for me anymore. Between the clemson flack and just having a bright orange truck, not even HEMI orange colored, but orange....

Anyone offer some insight, support, thoughts, etc? Can't trade I tried...with money down my payments would jump to almost $800 (I rolled some neative into my current and this truck is still under 5k miles). I am trying to find joy with the truck...any ideas? I was thinking of some large scale black trimming down the side (liek the hockey puck or something). Just something to break up all the orange. I took the black off the hood, which I like now. I want to powdercoat the wheels, but if I dont like the truck...hard ot spend money on it.

Any suggestions guys?

Screw the haters, that is High School petty drama you are letting get to you. You obviously like the color when you bought it, so unless you value peer validation over common sense, keep the truck.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like the other guys said, it would probably be best to just get it wrapped if you cannot stand it anymore. I'm from Greenville but I actually go to Clemson so an orange truck here would fit in nicely...

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are brave enough, you could plastidip it and if you like the color, peel it off and have it wrapped so it lasts longer.

Sportram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4 CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Screw the haters, that is High School petty drama you are letting get to you. You obviously like the color when you bought it, so unless you value peer validation over common sense, keep the truck.

I'm with Hootbro screw them. Its a nice truck.