NEED ADVICE - About to Buy My Sweetie a Brand New 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Tomorrow we are going to look at this truck below. It's a 2020 Longhorn model with 19K miles on it. It's freaking loaded, but no air ride. What's not in the photo is a new set of all-terrain tires and a leveling kit. And again, if we end up with this one, I will add the chrome or tungsten side moldings.

ClarksvilleLongHorn01.jpg

ClarksvilleLongHorn02.jpg

Last edited:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Tomorrow we are going to look at this truck below. It's a 2020 Longhorn model with 19K miles on it. It's freaking loaded, but no air ride. What's not in the photo is a new set of all-terrain tires and a leveling kit. And again, if we end up with this one, I will add the chrome or tungsten side moldings.

View attachment 463644

View attachment 463645
That is a good looking truck, hope it works out.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 463644

View attachment 463645

Great looking truck...just out of curiosity, how much do they want for it?

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Great looking truck...just out of curiosity, how much do they want for it?

My hope is to get it for about $8,000 to $10,000 less than last year's sticker price. But just as important is what they offer us trade-in on the **** Pack. It's only the difference in price that matters.

PS: Why does the word "S-C-A-T" get edited on this forum? It means "to leave quickly".

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
My hope is to get it for about $8,000 to $10,000 less than last year's sticker price. But just as important is what they offer us trade-in on the **** Pack. It's only the difference in price that matters.

PS: Why does the word "S-C-A-T" get edited on this forum? It means "to leave quickly".
My only guess is because animal ****... but that is just stupid. Sheesh even **** is blocked. Animal droppings, also the it is **** for a drug you use needles for... ok google search came up with this, everything is blocked on this site

• **** n. A tax; tribute.
  • **** n. (Britain dialectal) A land-tax paid in the Shetland Islands.
  • **** n. (biology) Animal excrement; droppings, dung.
  • **** n. (slang) ******.
  • **** n. (slang, obsolete) Whiskey.
  • **** n. (slang) ***********.
  • **** n. (Britain, dialectal) A brisk shower of rain, driven by the wind.
  • **** n. (music, jazz) **** singing.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

View attachment 463644

View attachment 463645
Beautiful truck, and I love that interior. Wish I could have gotten that in a Limited. I'm sure your sweetie will love it.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Lol still wondering what they want for it, being that your hoping to get in that range I assume they want more like $4,000-$5,000 off the original MSRP?

Just something to think about, but you might be able to get about that amount (or easily more) off of a new (ordered) ram from Mark Dodge in Louisiana. I usually buy lightly used too, but I ordered my current truck from them due to how bad and high prices are in the used market. When I ordered back in March the used prices were just about the same as what I paid for my new order (1-2 years old with 15k miles or so), now it seems like the used prices are higher than what I paid for my new truck.

Just couldn't justify paying anywhere close for a used ram as a new, let alone the same amount or anywhere close. It sucked having to wait, but it was worth it to get it exactly the way I wanted it. Food for thought, I think Mark dodge is still offering a dealer discount of around 11-12% off msrp before any rebates/discounts.

On your other question I have no idea, I've seen forms censor some weird words over the years and that is a strange one on any mopar forum!

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Bought this truck. New. Approx. $2600 below MSRP. This included a $1,000 rebate and $1,600 more for my trade than others offered which will help with sales tax. The guy was struggling with my USAA rebate. If he can work that out next, week I may be getting another $1,000 back in the mail. As far as price goes, this truck was spec'ed out with the stuff my sweetie wanted and not a lot of stuff she didn't. So MSRP was very good compared to most others that did have the stuff we wanted.

Here's the optional equipment list:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Delmonico Red Pearl Coat Exterior Paint
Leather–Trimmed Bucket Seats
Full–Length Upgraded Floor–Console
Customer Preferred Package 25H
Chrome Appearance Group

Chrome Tow Hooks
Bright Day Light Opening Moldings
Wheel–to–Wheel Side–Steps
Bed Utility Group
Deployable Bed–Step by Mopar®
4 Adjustable Cargo Tie–Down Hooks by Mopar®
Pick–Up Box LED Lighting
Spray–In Bedliner by Mopar®
Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group
Automatic High–Beam Headlamp–Control
Blind–Spot and Cross–Path Detection
ParkSense® Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop
Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Power Tailgate–Release
Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split Recline Seat
Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats by Mopar®
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Rear Wheelhouse–Liners
33–Gallon Fuel Tank
Uconnect® 12.0–Inch Display with Navigation
4G LTE Wi–Fi Hot Spot
SiriusXM Stuff
20–Inch x 9.0–Inch Premium Paint/Polished Wheels
Trailer Brake–Controller

Last edited:
OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Stuff I want to add includes a hard tonneau cover, bed carpet, chrome side moldings, and OEM foam cup holder for the passenger door. I could use to recommendations on these. OEM passenger side cup holder 5YK46TX7AC is already on the way! ;)

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
First mod. 4-bold chrome front license plate frame and RAM plate. My sweetie and I drove home over 400 miles from St. Louise yesterday. So she needed a bath. The truck was nasty too. :cool: The car wash was closed, being the 4th of July and all. And since Arkansas doesn't require a front license plate, if figured it was time to detail out that front license plate bracket. I had to curve the license plate frame to fit onto the OEM bracket. It's the first of a grocery list of things to change and/or add.

Carla2021Ram05.jpg

Carla2021Ram03.jpg

Carla2021Ram04.jpg

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stuff I want to add includes a hard tonneau cover, bed carpet, chrome side moldings, and OEM foam cup holder for the passenger door. I could use to recommendations on these. OEM passenger side cup holder 5YK46TX7AC is already on the way! ;)
I have the Undercover Elite hard cover on mine that’s also Available in painted to match if you want. I also highly recommend the Mopar factory chrome side moldings. I had them on my last two Laramie’s and was extremely satisfied with them.

Attachments

• 30326C9D-A3E2-4B80-9D44-0FD409107605.jpeg
    30326C9D-A3E2-4B80-9D44-0FD409107605.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 5
  • D3B6536E-B4D7-4DE9-B0E3-CE7E05D427E6.jpeg
    D3B6536E-B4D7-4DE9-B0E3-CE7E05D427E6.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 4

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the exact same BedRug, on my previous Ram I had the full kit which I purchased off of a member here. Great protection and easy to clean, at some point I just might get the full kit again.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Serious question, why a bed rug if you have a spray liner?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357