Need eyes on a Potential purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimsummers74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Help.
I'm looking for a favor. Maybe there's someone in the Killeen, Copperas Cove, Ft. Hood, Lampasas area that would go look over a truck for me. I am in Alaska and have finally located a truck like I want. I'm flying down to Houston on 22 March. If there was a kind truck lover who could give me a real, hands on, up close, inspection; I'd feel much better about putting down a deposit on this truck. It's at Benny Boyd Ram in Lampasas. About half hr drive from Ft. Hood I figure.
I'll gladly pay for the gas required to do me this favor. Private msg me and I'll call you right back. Thnx agin.

jims, ret USAF. Palmer, AK.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I jsut posted this in the other thread but I should have done it here.

connect with your sales guy via video conference, Skype or Facetime work. have hinm take you to the truck and verify the vin via video and then go down the build sheet to ensure everything is there. Then put the deposit down.

Little Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

connect with your sales guy via video conference, Skype or Facetime work. have hinm take you to the truck and verify the vin via video and then go down the build sheet to ensure everything is there. Then put the deposit down.

This ^

Any sales guy who wants your business, will do it. Mine even handed me his phone to FaceTime the PA dealership that had the 2nd Ram I was looking at. The sales manager walked around the truck, showed me under the hood, under the truck, the entire interior, even did a test drive demo (another sales person holding his phone), to show how quiet the interior is.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i agree but if someone does happen to be in the area having someone that could see it in person would be a nice bonus on top of skype or facetime with a salesman

Cobra2top

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Brilliant Black Crew
Engine
Ask the dealer to post the truck on YouTube. If you search for example 2016 ram 1500, you will run into a few videos that dealers post for customers. They even call the customer by name on the video.

Pretty good idea

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Wsutard1 nailed it.... Make the salesman work for you. It's what they get paid to do, so take full advantage of it.

Adam

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ask the dealer to post the truck on YouTube. If you search for example 2016 ram 1500, you will run into a few videos that dealers post for customers. They even call the customer by name on the video.

Pretty good idea

+1

I have seen a few youtube vids like this.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Help.
I'm looking for a favor. Maybe there's someone in the Killeen, Copperas Cove, Ft. Hood, Lampasas area that would go look over a truck for me. I am in Alaska and have finally located a truck like I want. I'm flying down to Houston on 22 March. If there was a kind truck lover who could give me a real, hands on, up close, inspection; I'd feel much better about putting down a deposit on this truck. It's at Benny Boyd Ram in Lampasas. About half hr drive from Ft. Hood I figure.
I'll gladly pay for the gas required to do me this favor. Private msg me and I'll call you right back. Thnx agin.

jims, ret USAF. Palmer, AK.

Seriously? do you really trust any of these shlomos here on this site to actually look over a truck and know what they're looking at?

I kid, I kid... I think wsutard1 hit the nail on the head. a vid conference also will help. anyone who wants your business should be willing to do this for you. Would the deposit be refundable? That helps.

off topic, you live in Palmer? if so are you shipping or driving back? I'm just curious if driving is even an option. My god daughter was there for about 8 years(Dad was stationed in AK) never got to visit. I was stuck in beautiful Yuba City/Marysville (Beale AFB), I guess it's better than Minot.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
off topic, you live in Palmer? if so are you shipping or driving back? I'm just curious if driving is even an option. My god daughter was there for about 8 years(Dad was stationed in AK) never got to visit. I was stuck in beautiful Yuba City/Marysville (Beale AFB), I guess it's better than Minot.

Did you really ask if you can drive to Alaska? Everyone knows you need a dog sled to get there!