Need Help/Advice With Differential Cutting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey good afternoon guys! Been following for a long time and finally a member! Had a question regarding lift kit install. Im going to be adding my own 6 inch lift. And Im 99% sold on the zone 6/5 lift with my bils that I have right now set up to 2.1.
When reading the instructions its pretty straight forward, except for one instruction. The differential drop down brackets that need to be cut. When I read rough country's it was cut and dry and they even send you a paper template to use. But the zone picture and verbiage are slightly confusing. When using zone.com's site and pulling instructions it shows a dashed line and a solid line. Which line do I use to cut my bracket? Any pics or advice would be awesome!

**Currently right now I have the bilstein 511 lift at 2.8 and 1.5" spacer in the back. Will be adding 35's next month. Hoping to clear on stock wheels without rubbing. Based off the forum I have a 50/50 shot.