Need help identifying interior trim - 2018 Ram 1500 SPORT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ive been shopping around for the better part of the last year looking for a specific Ram 1500 Sport and came across two since. This ram is the Hydro Blue color, black rims and has a very nice and colorful interior. This blue trim I am trying to replicate in my 2022 Ram Big Horn, but people at the dealership told me that this has to be an aftermarket upgrade kit and I have a hard time believing that. Ive only been able to find 2 of these specific vehicles, but the interior was identical down to the leather stitching. The trim color matches the exterior 100%. Id like to know the story on this if anyone knows so I can move on with my project. I have not found another color Ram sport with similar interiors and I believe this is unique to this package.
20210802232422335_ram 1500 blue (1 of 25).jpg

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have not seen anything like that from the factory. I would agree that it is either aftermarket customer installed or some kind of conversion company install i.e. Black Widow or Rocky Ridge.

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have not seen anything like that from the factory. I would agree that it is either aftermarket customer installed or some kind of conversion company install i.e. Black Widow
Just found out that its a 2018 Ram 1500 Sport Hydro Blue package and only 2000 units were produced. It is indeed a factory package.

Question now would be how do I get there from here?

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2017-ram-1500-preview/

https://www.reedmantollcdjrspringfield.com/ram-introduces-hydro-blue-sport-model.htm

There were several limited edition 1500 sports released around 2015-2018 that have interior as described in the above article. Sublime sport (lime green), Ignition Orange sport, Yellow Stinger sport and Hydro Blue sport (pic you posted above).

The Copper Sport's interior is instantly recognizable with copper-colored accent stitching and headrest embroidery of the Sport logo and the Ram head emblem. Copper trim pieces throughout also help give the cabin more visual punch.

Sophisticated Interior Design

The interior of the 1500 Hydro Blue Sport has gorgeous Blue Sport embroidery accents located on heated, deluxe high-back bucket seats. The headrests have blue Ram's head logos. These seats are also heated, as is the steering wheel. There is blue color-matched highlight stitching on the door trim, instrument panel, and steering wheel. The truck has a black headliner, and there is a new instrument panel badge. Additionally, the truck has blue anodized surfaces on the door spears, instrument panel bezels, and center console trim.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just found out that its a 2018 Ram 1500 Sport Hydro Blue package and only 2000 units were produced. It is indeed a factory package.

Question now would be how do I get there from here?
If the parts are factory and available you would need a VIN number from a truck that was built as such. Benny @AllMoparParts.com might be able to chime in here.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm seen a few for sale over the last couple years while I was shopping for my 2018 Night Edition Sport. I'd love it if the interior chrome pieces in my truck were just flat black.

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I havent found anything noteworthy of yet when it comes to aftermarket trim. How would I go about getting a compatible VIN number from one of the aforementioned models? And even still, what would be the next best bet if MOPAR doesnt have a kit for the current make/models? AFAIK its only in the 2017-2018 sports. I have to admit that I was out shopping for one of these Hydro Blue rams at the dealership I bought my 2022, but they sold it before I got there...and Ive been looking for this particular year/make/model for almost 2 years now cross country with only finding 2 for sale.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I posted a VIN earlier. Is your 2022 truck a classic or new body style? If it's the new body style (5th gen) then I doubt any of the parts will work.

BTW, the links I put in post #5 are for Hydro Blue Sports that are currently for sale. There were a lot more available, I only posted 2.

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah you did, Im sorry I missed that. Its the new body style hydro blue. Ill take a look at your post.

Attachments

• 20220827_160017.jpg
    20220827_160017.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 5

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I highly doubt the parts will work then from the older body style. I'd check with a local body and paint shop to see if they'd quote painting the trim pieces to match the exterior (if you pull them and drop them off).

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yeah you did, Im sorry I missed that. Its the new body style hydro blue. Ill take a look at your post.
Hunt up a local hydro dip outfit and have the interior pieces you want colour matched hydro dipped,then hit up Katzkin for the seats,won't be cheap though.

Last edited:

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/reviews/2017-ram-1500-preview/

https://www.reedmantollcdjrspringfield.com/ram-introduces-hydro-blue-sport-model.htm

There were several limited edition 1500 sports released around 2015-2018 that have interior as described in the above article. Sublime sport (lime green), Ignition Orange sport, Yellow Stinger sport and Hydro Blue sport (pic you posted above).
i would imagine those where outsourced by the factory or dealer done parts tbh. alot of times they are.

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Im definitely going to have the dealership make me some custom leather seats to closely match those in those special editions...gonna be quoted around 2600 bucks total for the whole set. I really wanted that Hydro Blue sport at the dealership...........

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck bud, sounds like you have a plan started. The forums will help spend the rest of your money... Lol.

OP
OP
utley

utley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ON a similar note, are there any guides on this forum I can browse that show how to remove these bezels and accent panels without damaging them? Might just go get them hydro coated or if anything find a plastic tape kinda wrap and just do it myself.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
ON a similar note, are there any guides on this forum I can browse that show how to remove these bezels and accent panels without damaging them? Might just go get them hydro coated or if anything find a plastic tape kinda wrap and just do it myself.
You Tube is your friend ,you can also use the search feature on here. A lot of the interior pieces clip in,so you'll want to buy yourself some plastic trim tools.