Need help with Music on USB drive in my 2021 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshabouk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Morning All,

I'm new to the boards and hope you all can help me. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 with the 8.4 Uconnect system with Nav. My problem is this...

1. I copied my music library from my computer to a USB stick (256GB), formatted as NTFS, but the UConnect only regonizes about 350 of the 3500 songs on it
2. I read online that FAT32 is the better format for these systems, so I reformatted the USB drive as FAT32, copied the library, and still, it recognizes a different 300 or so songs
3. I tried using smaller USB drives (8GB and 16GB) with the similar experience in that only some of the songs are recognized.
4. I called UConnect and they were zero help.

Is there any way to get the UConnect system to recognize the full library on any USB drive? In my old Dodge Journey, I was able to use my old ipod, but the RAM system wont recognize that either.

I really could use some help with this given that they took away the ability for us to use CDs, an old ipod, or an SD Card with the revised systems.

Thanks,

Joe

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
are all the songs in the same format e.g., mp3. or another supported format? How are your song arranged on the drive? exFAT is best and largest drive is 32gb although mine is 64gb at works just fine.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This thread has some ideas for you to try. We ended up getting a new system in the wife's uConnect 5 Pacifica to fix this issue.

jackjudy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good Morning All,

I'm new to the boards and hope you all can help me. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 with the 8.4 Uconnect system with Nav. My problem is this...

1. I copied my music library from my computer to a USB stick (256GB), formatted as NTFS, but the UConnect only regonizes about 350 of the 3500 songs on it
2. I read online that FAT32 is the better format for these systems, so I reformatted the USB drive as FAT32, copied the library, and still, it recognizes a different 300 or so songs
3. I tried using smaller USB drives (8GB and 16GB) with the similar experience in that only some of the songs are recognized.
4. I called UConnect and they were zero help.

Is there any way to get the UConnect system to recognize the full library on any USB drive? In my old Dodge Journey, I was able to use my old ipod, but the RAM system wont recognize that either.

I really could use some help with this given that they took away the ability for us to use CDs, an old ipod, or an SD Card with the revised systems.

Thanks,

Joe

jackjudy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem on a 2024 ram 1500
I have 1500 songs on a flash drive it recognizes 548
I have a 2021 Charger and all 1500 songs shows up ???

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you go to the thread I linked to in post #3 of this thread and try the fixes in there?

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
2 weeks ago i just transferred (ripped) my CD collection to a thumb drive. 32 gb drive, that i now have 4000+ songs on it. My 2021 2500 Bighorn recognizes all of them I believe. They are all mp3 files.
I bought a cheap external cd/dvd player from amazon and used my laptop to rip them all. I could use the player directly in the truck I believe although I haven’t tried it.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Could be the thumb drive is too big. Try a 33 gb and see if all songs are recognized. I have had problems in the past with larger drives.