Need more MPG's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Well city I am not worried about, its the 25-35 minute (depending on traffic) commute every morning.

I am wondering how much difference in MPG's I would see with just taking the lift off. The wheels and tires I have would fit with no lift so I could continue to run them. Any ideas on that??

the way i look at it is the main reason you lose your mpgs is from the extra weight and what weighs the most with your current set up is your wheels and tires, so taking the lift off wont help that much if anything take the lift off and put stock wheels and 245 or 265 tires on it and lose all extra weight you can spare tire any thing you keep in the bed etc. just losing the lift i would be suprised if it makes enough difference for you to be happy.

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, makes sense. I guess I should just put these two inch spacers on top of my 6 inch lift then.... :)

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Do it!!! You have them??

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd prolly get back 2 mpg's if I got all the mud out from under my truck

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hmmm.... yeah i can get 14 city if I feel like it.. but what's the fun in that? Love to hear the hemi rumble... the right foot wants what the right foot wants... feed the beast!!!

Sorry. But I couldnt help but say that was prolly the single best comment I've ever seen on this forum lol. Totally agree with it too. I bought a truck to sit high up and be loud. If I wanted to go 1000 miles on a tank of gas...Id get a...I prolly just wouldn't drive cause I ain't drvin a hybrid

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I got them, thought I PM'd you. Guess I spaced.... lol