Need Pics of Tradesman Black Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I ordered a 2021 RAM Classic Tradesman 4x4 Quad Cab/6'4" on 6/24, which is scheduled to be built July 8 if the POC is to be believed.

One of the boxes I ticked was the Tradesman Black Package. There was a weird combination of packages and features I wanted that was forcing me to select the SXT Package (chrome bumper) otherwise, and this is what worked best to get the look I want.

I've come up practically empty trying to find an actual photo of one on the web (dealer lot or private owner). Do any of you have that option and can you post a pic or two?

What I really wanted was a Warlock, but it was another $4K to get there, so I tried to configure mine to look similar (from a distance, anyway):

Tradesman-vs.-Warlock-Compare.jpg

I'll add wheel flares immediately, and may eventually swap in projector headlights and led tails as I did in the '15 2500 Tradesman I just sold. There's an aftermarket grille that looks similar to the Warlock grille that I'm considering, too.

Mine will also have the Protection, Pop Equip, Trailer-Tow and Electronics Groups, with a 3.55 anti-spin rear, off-road tires and a 32-gal tank.

es

2ndRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Screenshot_20210708-162923~2.png

This is the "Black Package"...I was pretty mad when mine arrived, the salesman told me the bumper would be body color, and 1 piece.

It's totally not, it's just like a black matte paint on the lower steel, and the upper fascia is just black plastic...grill is also matte and the rear steel bumper. Does come with black headlight bezels though and badging.

What's crazy is they don't even let you choose what u want, even if the dealer wouldn't have lied to me about the color. Like if I asked to put a bumper that I would want they won't do it...

Which is dumb because they have the parts to make things fit, and if people are paying they should be able to buy what they want. Not be limited to a small selection then have to buy everything you really want after the fact.

Sorry, I'm still kinda salty about the whole thing

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Thanks for the pic - the painted bumper and basic plastic grille is what I expected, as it would be the same as on my previous '15 2500 Tradesman. Sounds like your dealer was describing the Express (or Sport in CAN) trim.

es

2ndRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the pic - the painted bumper and basic plastic grille is what I expected, as it would be the same as on my previous '15 2500 Tradesman. Sounds like your dealer was describing the Express (or Sport in CAN) trim.

es
The dealer was totally describing the"sport". It was just unexpected when I pulled up and saw the two piece...the matte looks grey next to the black body.

It's funny though because when I brought all this up to the dealer, they all of the sudden seemed to know it was never going to be body color...it's like the salesman have no idea what they are selling. Even if you ask questions, they just say whatever u want to hear.

I couldn't do business like that. I do construction and I feel like it's my responsibility to protect the homeowners investment. Not just take their checks and let the house fall down behind me.

I saw another ram on here where dude had painted the two piece bumper body color and it looked really nice, I think I'm gonna end up doing that myself.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always been a fan of body colored bumpers. Way back I had an '01 SLT and my brother in law had a '99 Sport. Both white but I liked his better.

2ndRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've always been a fan of body colored bumpers. Way back I had an '01 SLT and my brother in law had a '99 Sport. Both white but I liked his better.
Screenshot_20210709-114335~2.png

Here is my old ram. 216k miles but the frame rust was getting worse to keep dumping money into it.

I like the painted bumper look as well.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They have this package and just a black out package that just has the dark headlights and black emblems on an express that has a single body color front fasica.i like the black package but I would probably have to get the upper bumper filler painted body color on some colors.if you get a low volume color even with the chrome package it has a satin black bumper filler.my 2020 tradesman has the stx package which gives you chrome bumpers and grille with body color upper filler and duel exhaust with chrome tips.basically looks like a bighorn .

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I agree that some colors would look better with the upper panel painted body color. I'm going for a poor man's Warlock look, so the all-black front works for me.

es

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealer was totally describing the"sport". It was just unexpected when I pulled up and saw the two piece...the matte looks grey next to the black body.

It's funny though because when I brought all this up to the dealer, they all of the sudden seemed to know it was never going to be body color...it's like the salesman have no idea what they are selling. Even if you ask questions, they just say whatever u want to hear.

I couldn't do business like that. I do construction and I feel like it's my responsibility to protect the homeowners investment. Not just take their checks and let the house fall down behind me.

I saw another ram on here where dude had painted the two piece bumper body color and it looked really nice, I think I'm gonna end up doing that myself.
20210823_183700.jpg
I had my local Cadillac dealer paint the grill and bumpers. All for $800. Came out really nice. They matched the original paint too.

Attachments

• 20210823_183648.jpg
    20210823_183648.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 5

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
49D55E93-9A48-4206-9611-3C3D44A3C05E.jpeg6C6994A2-6BB1-4095-A23E-85D049C3F658.jpeg
This is my 2018 Big Horn with Black Out Package. I know the rear bumper is a little tough to see with tailgate down, but it is painted body color AND finish. Just like the front bumper. I would be beyond ****** off if it had come in a matte finish, even if the color was the same, because the finish, or lack thereof, would actually make the color look different.

And I agree with the statement made earlier. Most of the salesmen you deal with have absolutely no idea what they are selling. YOU have to do your own research and pretty much answer your own questions. They are lucky our vehicles are so good and practically sell themselves.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 14 had the Black Express option which included black wheels, black emblems, black bumpers, projector headlights and LED brake lights.

OP
OP
stembridge

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
My 14 had the Black Express option which included black wheels, black emblems, black bumpers, projector headlights and LED brake lights.
I would have preferred the projector/led lights, but those weren't an option on the Tradesman (I retrofitted them on my former '15 2500 Tradesman). The smoked quad headlights look okay, though - different enough from the normal chrome units that I'll keep 'em.

es

2ndRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 468717View attachment 468718
This is my 2018 Big Horn with Black Out Package. I know the rear bumper is a little tough to see with tailgate down, but it is painted body color AND finish. Just like the front bumper. I would be beyond ****** off if it had come in a matte finish, even if the color was the same, because the finish, or lack thereof, would actually make the color look different.

And I agree with the statement made earlier. Most of the salesmen you deal with have absolutely no idea what they are selling. YOU have to do your own research and pretty much answer your own questions. They are lucky our vehicles are so good and practically sell themselves.
Your truck looks nice! I can't wait for paint.

Own research only goes so far. At the time, the black appearance wasn't even an option on the RAM website. So I was left with salesman only. Which sucks because I asked all the right questions.

I think RAM should be allowing people to buy what they want, when trucks are being ordered. And not just limit people to what they call a "package". I feel like we pay the price in the end.

I just spent X amount of dollars to add fog lights, I still need to pay for the bumper that's paint ready and has fog light holes, and I I need to get the guy to paint both bumpers and grille.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byteme