Need some help from the audio savvy folks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I was driving yesterday enjoying some music, parked turned the music down and my buddy got in the truck. So when I turned the volume back up I was only getting sound from my drivers side front speaker???? WTF real pissed off have no idea what this is. I have alpine speakers all around and a sony xplode headunit.

Anybody have any idea what could have caused this? Or any tips before I rip everything apart and try to find the problem???

Thanks all any help or advice is appreciated

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Might be wiring? How old are the speakers? And one more thing, do you bump to tunes really loud?

Sent from my droid killing iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ol'red02

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not that old at all speakers work perfect, and no i dont bump anything just country

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
pull out speaker that isnt working, hook up a known working speaker, see if it works...if it does, speaker blown. if it doesnt, amp that pwoers that side on HU is out, or unplugged, etc

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
definitely not fusebox related. sounds like something internal in the head unit. i highly doubt its a problem with the speakers

OP
OP
ol'red02

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well just pulled off all the door panels and 2 out of the 3 speakers wires just somehow became disconnected... but still having problems with one of the speakers not working, and i know it is not the speaker.