Need some opinions on rim choice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jordan21210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Black Sport crew cab. Love the tuck and the way it looks, but I've suddenly got the itch to change the rims. Thinking about putting some factory R/T 22's on in place of my oem black 20" sport rims. What do y'all think? Bad idea? Only thing that makes me second guess is that the black sport rims are sort of rare-ish I guess...just feel like I see so many of the blacked out trucks now, want to change it up. Wish the 22's were easier to come by...I'm thinking R/T 22's + 2" rear drop would look clean. Here is a pic of my truck:
63E31A1A-AA4E-481B-8696-65A1C9998571_zps7jtsi7bt.jpg

Thanks! :favorites13:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think that would look good. Some 22's with the R/T wheel in aluminum would look good on a black truck.

Good luck with your choice. God knows it's one of the tougher ones to make...that and which exhaust to go with!

OP
OP
J

jordan21210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that would look good. Some 22's with the R/T wheel in aluminum would look good on a black truck.

Good luck with your choice. God knows it's one of the tougher ones to make...that and which exhaust to go with!

LOL

Easy choice for me, just wanted second opinions. Tough part is finding the rims...don't have the cash right now, so looking for a straight trade. No exhaust on this truck though...had it on my last two, want to keep this one quiet.

I've been out of the forum loop for a few years now though, cool to be back. Not sure when I got bit by the mod bug again, but I already have a mod list going:
- HIDs
- 2" rear drop
- R/T 22's

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
some matte bronze colored 22" hellcat or srt oe replica wheels would look hard as ****. they also have like a matte gray that would look pretty badass. the all black is definitely played out.

OP
OP
J

jordan21210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
some matte bronze colored 22" hellcat or srt oe replica wheels would look hard as ****. they also have like a matte gray that would look pretty badass. the all black is definitely played out.

Yeah. Had matte black rims on my first truck...was different back then.

Old truck for reference (maybe some people here will remember it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2QkUqGvGQ

I absolutely loved the black rims when I bought this truck, just getting tired of it now. Still like it, just need a change.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you toss the black 20s let me know, Ive been searching for some.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk