Need suggestions on sub and amp combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a rear seat sub box with dual 10" ports, I guesstimate that the sealed volume of it is .55 cubic feet per sub, any suggestions on a dual sub and amp combo would be greatly appreciated.
Please keep it under about $275

Thanks

rex450se

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
A Kicker ZX300.1 amp that will put out 300 watts rms at 2 ohms. Pair that with 2 Kicker Comp 10' subs which handle 150 watts rms each and it seems like a descent pair. Then look at the price, which for all three on Amazon, the total came to $246.09 and the setup looks even better. I'm sure there are others, but here is a start to look at.

Victor

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the quick reply, would i wire them in parallel or series?

Thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the important thing with your sub choice is finding one that will work with such a small sealed space.

rex450se

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Amazon.com has this years model for under $60. If you don't want to buy online, I know last week Best Buy had them for $50 and if that sale wasn't going on they had buy one get one free at $99.

Victor

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
oh, my bad. I thought you meant the kicker CompVR, the dual coil ones. They usually go for around 130 but if you get the previous model like the one i posted its only 80

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

rex450se

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
To keep it under your price point is going to be the hard part. To get a quality amp with 600 watts rms or higher, the amp alone will be close to your $275 mark you wanted to stay under. Include 2 $90 subs and I see no way you could get a high powered amp and wiring kit for under $100. Even a good wiring kit is going to run you $100 at least. With that many watts you may also want a cap which pushes your purchase price way up. Just my .02

Victor

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ditch the capacitor always. I have a link on my computer i saved explaining why they are useless if i am ever on it and on the forum ill post it. The kicker comps that others have posted about are my favorite budget sub i have owned about 5 sets of them and never had an issue. As far as the kenwood amp you posted, i didnt open the link but is it the 1000 watt or 1800 watt? I have owned both, the 1000 watt pushing a pair of memphis prs, and the 1800 watt pushing a pair of alpine type rs. Both are great amps! A great setup would be that 1000 watt kenwood amp and 2 of the kicker comps. Then you will have to get your wires. I like kicker wires but its pretty expensive and not completely necessary for that system. Audiopipe make a good kit for cheaper and will handle that sub amp combo no problem.

Also dont buy from crutchfield unless you enjoy paying more for stuff you can find cheaper. There are a few websites i have used that are reliable and have great prices.

Www.sonicelectronix.com

Www.onlinecarstereo.com

Take a look at those two

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it's a 1000 watt but, after looking closer it is 500 watts rms @ 2 ohms
And the kicker cvt's i am looking at are 400 watts rms each so, 800 rms total
wired in parallel give you a 2 ohm load, so would i need to get that amp or go for one just a tad bigger

Thanks

also, I only use crutch field for information
oh and what gauge would you suggest, I am running it through the fire wall and putting it on the back wall behind the back seats I think, unless there is a better option as I have the powered drivers seat

Last edited:

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh okay i was under the impression you were thinking about the comps! The cvts are also nice subs but i would imagine after two of those and the 1800 watt amp you would be over budget? I could be wrong though!

I understand with the crutchfield though! And a 4 gauge kit will be plenty fine you shouldnt need to go any parger than that.

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eh the budget I put there in the first place so people wouldn't start recommending pricy pricy subs and stuff. So I am willing to go more if it means it will be better/cheaper in the long run. So with the total rms, should I go with the 1800?

Thanks

bhmman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMO im a firm belevier in JL Audio... I had 2 w3's with a 500/1 JL amp and it sounded amazing... but the only reason i ran that system is becasue the local JL store had the w3s on sale for 130 a speaker (which is reasonable for JL) if you could find a JL system for cheap i would do that.. but kicker is also a good speaker but its not as good sound quality but it would be my 2nd choice behind JL. Now on the amp i would try to find a old school Rockford Fosgate they are really good amps.

02hairlessram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMO im a firm belevier in JL Audio... I had 2 w3's with a 500/1 JL amp and it sounded amazing... but the only reason i ran that system is becasue the local JL store had the w3s on sale for 130 a speaker (which is reasonable for JL) if you could find a JL system for cheap i would do that.. but kicker is also a good speaker but its not as good sound quality but it would be my 2nd choice behind JL. Now on the amp i would try to find a old school Rockford Fosgate they are really good amps.

I agree with jl audio subs and amps as well. They can get pricy some, but if you find a good deal go for it. I'm also a fan of kicker equipment. They are of great quality and sound. If you haven't looked at the solo baric classics from kicker, I would look into them. they are made for small space and put out lots of sound. And aren't too pricy.

David

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

bhmman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with jl audio subs and amps as well. They can get pricy some, but if you find a good deal go for it. I'm also a fan of kicker equipment. They are of great quality and sound. If you haven't looked at the solo baric classics from kicker, I would look into them. they are made for small space and put out lots of sound. And aren't too pricy.

David

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

The Solo Classics are a great sub i like the way those sound.... i have also ra the kicker cvrs in my truck and they sound good too like i said before im a believer in both kicker and jl