Need tech help on rear axle story confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2011 ram 1500
Built 12/10
Blew front pinion bearing at 50,000
Why.
Searching and im confused
So recall on truck manufactured before 12/4. K36 recall new cover and flow restrictor

Then service bulletin on trucks before 12/11 for add more fluid for axle durability

Question is with mine being right in those date. I was not effected by recall or was i but they missed me by 5 days

And i have no record of service bulletin being done

I have no fill plug in cover

So my question is what do i do to keep rear good.
How were they overfilling. Filling to hole in housing or above through vent

Should i just get the k36 recall parts

Need knowledge from someone that remembers this debockle back then

My guess looking at bearing was lack of oil

How come recall only to dec 4. Did they make a change in castings in 5 days so 12/10 manufacturer not effected but then were on service bulletin

Please help

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All you`ll get on the forums is conflicting opinions...
Call FCA and talk to them, what have you got to lose at this point, a phone call...?
I`m sure if you explain your issue clearly, they might just "good will" it to you on their dime.
If they wont do anything at all for you, seek legal actions against them, they should at least cover this partially for you.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The diffs were overfilled by jacking up the vehicle to allow more fluid to be installed.

Unfortunately if your vin doesn’t fall within the dates there is likely nothing FCA will do, doesn’t hurt to ask though. If it was me I would install the flow restrictor and new cover with the fill plug.

Was your truck part of the pinion nut recall?

OP
OP
S

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The diffs were overfilled by jacking up the vehicle to allow more fluid to be installed.

Unfortunately if your vin doesn’t fall within the dates there is likely nothing FCA will do, doesn’t hurt to ask though. If it was me I would install the flow restrictor and new cover with the fill plug.

Was your truck part of the pinion nut recall?

Yes ordered restrictor and cover
And yes on pinion bearing recall
I will call but confused as to why im not part of recall by 7 days. Seems odd to make such a date specific cutoff