New 2013 RAM NOT!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I went to get my oil changed today, decided it was time to look into a 13 QC 4x4, 8sp, 3:92, air suspension big horn, or Laramie. NOT gonna happen.
Dealer searched the entire US found 8 trucks in total, none that met my exact requirements, and none closer than 1800 miles away.
OK, lets order one, NOPE! too late to order a 13.
OK, lets order a 2014, NADA! too early to order one.
SO here I sit in WTFsville, I can't believe there are so few trucks being made with air, and 3:92 gears. I even expanded my search to CC, outdoorsman, and the new CC with the 6ft bed. ZERO!!

Gotta love it.
End of rant. :peace:

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea when I was looking to get my 09 I wanted the 3.92 gears but it was almost impossible to find one with them. Ended up getting the truck I wanted with all the options I wanted except 3.92 gears.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I went to get my oil changed today, decided it was time to look into a 13 QC 4x4, 8sp, 3:92, air suspension big horn, or Laramie. NOT gonna happen.
Dealer searched the entire US found 8 trucks in total, none that met my exact requirements, and none closer than 1800 miles away.
OK, lets order one, NOPE! too late to order a 13.
OK, lets order a 2014, NADA! too early to order one.
SO here I sit in WTFsville, I can't believe there are so few trucks being made with air, and 3:92 gears. I even expanded my search to CC, outdoorsman, and the new CC with the 6ft bed. ZERO!!

Gotta love it.
End of rant. :peace:

Hence the reason I've waited 4 ****** months for mine! Sport, 4x4, CC, Air, 3.92LSD, A8.

Chris

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
how could it be too late to order one? - its freaking May

OP
OP
Rotzilla

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
When we built the 13 on the computer it came back with a price total of 10k.
The price for options only, no base price for the truck was listed. I offered to pay 20k total for the truck, letting the dealer pocket a 10k profit, but sadly was denied. LOL
They said I maybe able to order a 14 sometime in late june, but then said the prices probably won't be available even then.
YEAH right order a truck with no prices available. Cracking me up. Not dissing the dealer I think they exhausted their options, what can a truck buyer do??

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They have to have a order cut off date early enough so they can build out the 13 model year. 2014 job one might be middle to late July to be able to have enough on the ground for mid Aug early Sept introduction.

Now with the 8 speed being rare and unable to find is because it probably went into production too late to have enough for the '13 model Year.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
That's strange.

I Agry the Lots up Here are full of them and most have those Gears, Its all about planning (Dealers ordering with the customers Wants in Mind, but then again the Dealer I am Talking about is in Canada and sells the second most Rams in Alberta (Oil Country) and the TV Commercials for the Rams are filmed here in the Badlands with Sam Elliot as the Guts and Glory Voice. Be patient and wait for a 14 or choose the best one out of the 18 choices, best of luck with your search!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rotzilla

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I Agry the Lots up Here are full of them and most have those Gears, Its all about planning (Dealers ordering with the customers Wants in Mind, but then again the Dealer I am Talking about is in Canada and sells the second most Rams in Alberta (Oil Country) and the TV Commercials for the Rams are filmed here in the Badlands with Sam Elliot as the Guts and Glory Voice. Be patient and wait for a 14 or choose the best one out of the 18 choices, best of luck with your search!

You could ups me one of those. LOL

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
keep what you have if there's no issues with it. Seems to be alot of problems with the 2013's

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Maybe you could get a 13 model with taller gears and have the dealer install 3.92s at a very very very reduced price to accommodate your desires? Good luck.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
A lot of problems with the 2013's? First I've heard of that!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe you could get a 13 model with taller gears and have the dealer install 3.92s at a very very very reduced price to accommodate your desires? Good luck.

This is what I did. Dealer charged a little over 600 for 3.92's installed

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive said this before, The only issue I have with MOPAR or actually Ram, is advertising vehicles that are not readily available. If you advertise it, Make it available, at least be able to order it. I understand not wanting to have a lot of leftovers at the end of the year, but it seems there is a high demand for these trucks. and they are not out there. Chewy has been waiting 4 months for his, What gives?

Ike

Harrisb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had a heck of a time locating a fully loaded sport 8sp minus the air suspension. All the ones the dealer located had the air bags and I specifically didn't want that single option to facilitate mods.

Motorider228

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 QCSB 4x4 Mineral Gray
Engine
5.7 liter
I got lucky I guess. When I bought my 12 I told the sales man I wanted 5.7, QC, 4x4, tow package, 3:92's, limited slip, fog lights, normal power options, and mineral gray with color match bumpers. He typed all that in his computer and they had two in their over flow lot. I bought from a huge Ram truck retailer though so that may have helped.

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie , 2023 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
NO Kidding like what problems other than getting one??

Oh and I think i saw some of these optioned out at least close here in SLC area

Call Dempsey at Doug Smith in American Fork Utah not to far of a drive from CO. And he rocks

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
keep what you have if there's no issues with it. Seems to be alot of problems with the 2013's

What issues? Havent heard of any, at least no more than any of the other model years.

OP
OP
Rotzilla

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Problem solved! I went out and bought a 2013, 2500, CTD, Bighorn, max steel, 4x4. Never owned a diesel so this is gonna be a learning experience.
Towing the new toyhauler on our maiden trip tomorrow. Wife has never been camping before, Prayers accepted. LOL