New 2020 Wagon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I finally got my Hydro Blue PW. I’ve been wanting one since about 2015. I had to trade in my awesome 2018 JLU Rubicon to get it, but it was worth it. She stayed stock for about a week. So far I have installed MBRP dual catback exhaust, Rolling Big Power power steps and a Trifecta folding bed cover. Love the truck and the mods so far. Looking at ARH headers next.

View attachment 204224

View attachment 204225

View attachment 204226

View attachment 204227

View attachment 204229

Congrats and solid color choice! We have similar tastes...
Y5Qx6ys.jpg

The hydro blue gets a TON of compliments. Did you do the vinyl on the RAM badge yourself or did you buy it pre-cut?

OA

Omar RVA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Incorrect. It's called the Magnusson Moss Act. States a dealership has to prove in writing whatever modification you did directly caused the issue

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Though that's technically true, that isn't how it ever plays out in real life. As long as you have an attorney and deep enough pockets, mag-moss will protect you (also lets not forget the arbitration clause we all signed when we bought new trucks).

OA

EDIT- Correction: Mag-moss complaints are not subject to binding arbitration but can be subject to non-binding arbitration

Last edited:

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Though that's technically true, that isn't how it ever plays out in real life. As long as you have an attorney and deep enough pockets, mag-moss will protect you (also lets not forget the arbitration clause we all signed when we bought new trucks).

OA

EDIT- Correction: Mag-moss complaints are not subject to binding arbitration but can be subject to non-binding arbitration
Before I got into trucks I used to be a tuner. Had a couple dealerships try and deny warranty work based on mods. I threw the Mag Moss Act at them and they got on the repairs. You have to know it though, you can't just say oh The Mag Moss Act says you have to repair it. You have to tell them prove to me in writing, diagnostics, etc the mod caused the problem.

I used to have an Evo I put Eibach suspension system on. I can't remember exactly what went wrong cause this was about 15 yrs ago, but it was engine related and I had a stock engine at the time. Dealership is finicky when it comes to mods on Evos and they saw the Eibach suspension and tried to say they wouldn't warranty the repairs. A nice little talk with the service manager and I asked for the diagnostics and proof the suspension system caused the engine issue. He couldn't provide it and I started talking about the Mag Moss Act and he just looked at me and said you know your stuff, we'll cover the repairs.

Does it work every time? In my case it has. But my guess is if it's not a HUGE repair (none of mine were) they won't fight you over it. You have to know how to work it.

Leonard Russo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Incorrect. It's called the Magnusson Moss Act. States a dealership has to prove in writing whatever modification you did directly caused the issue

Yeah good luck with that at a dealership! Lmao

OP
OP
Stryker755

Stryker755

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congrats and solid color choice! We have similar tastes...
Y5Qx6ys.jpg

The hydro blue gets a TON of compliments. Did you do the vinyl on the RAM badge yourself or did you buy it pre-cut?

OA
I bought a roll of vinyl on eBay for like 7 bucks and cut it myself. It was kind of a pain to get it straight but not that bad. If you go this route you can get any color you want and save a few bucks and have vinyl leftover.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Oh well. Never been hassled about exhaust at a dealer on multiple brands of vehicles. Blower or cam yes, but exhaust no.
If you look at my exhaust system which is not a bolt on but custom.. I’ve never had a issue at the dealer.. I was told as long as you don’t the cut the cats.. I thought there may be an issue cutting the Y like I did and putting and X pipe but there wasn’t.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before I got into trucks I used to be a tuner. Had a couple dealerships try and deny warranty work based on mods. I threw the Mag Moss Act at them and they got on the repairs. You have to know it though, you can't just say oh The Mag Moss Act says you have to repair it. You have to tell them prove to me in writing, diagnostics, etc the mod caused the problem.

I used to have an Evo I put Eibach suspension system on. I can't remember exactly what went wrong cause this was about 15 yrs ago, but it was engine related and I had a stock engine at the time. Dealership is finicky when it comes to mods on Evos and they saw the Eibach suspension and tried to say they wouldn't warranty the repairs. A nice little talk with the service manager and I asked for the diagnostics and proof the suspension system caused the engine issue. He couldn't provide it and I started talking about the Mag Moss Act and he just looked at me and said you know your stuff, we'll cover the repairs.

Does it work every time? In my case it has. But my guess is if it's not a HUGE repair (none of mine were) they won't fight you over it. You have to know how to work it.

The above is a good example of what the Mag Moss Act is supposed to do, which is to prevent the denial of warranty work if an aftermarket part has zero affect to the part that needs warranty work. In the above the suspension does not cause an issue with the engine and therefore no reason to deny warranty. However if there was a suspension issue it would be a different story and they would have the right to deny the warranty. I've never personally seen somebody have warranty work denied because of a cat-back style aftermarket exhaust, but I can see having powertrain warranty denied or at least questioned with headers. Say what you want but cat-back exhausts are mainly for sound where as headers can make a significant difference in the power output of the engine and the operating conditions. If the rear axle blows up in the truck it's not really that far of a stretch to say the headers, and hence higher power levels, contributed to this issue. Could you fight it...sure, but as mentioned in another previous post be prepared to higher a lawyer and take it to court. While technically the manufacturer (the manufacturer is the ultimate say-so in warranty work, not the dealership) has to prove the aftermarket mod caused the failure, in the real world the owner of the vehicle would likely be the one that would have to prove the modification did not cause the failure. Again, usually easy to prove suspension work didn't cause an engine issue but pretty hard to prove 100% that an engine modification meant to increase power levels did not contribute to the failure of a powertrain component.

OP
OP
Stryker755

Stryker755

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just got the Pedal Commander today and I must say it is worth the cash!! The first setting I tried was City 4 and I was giggling like a school girl when I took off. Anyone who has thought about getting one should just pull the trigger. It shipped real quick direct from PC. 3 min install! I like how many settings it has so you can dial it in, it is scary responsive.

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Which model did you get? When I type in my info on their website it takes me to "PC31" but in the description it has 07-18 models and mine is a 19.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which model did you get? When I type in my info on their website it takes me to "PC31" but in the description it has 07-18 models and mine is a 19.

Talk to Nick over at GotExhaust.com. He can give you some guidance and forum members receive a discount.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got the Pedal Commander today and I must say it is worth the cash!! The first setting I tried was City 4 and I was giggling like a school girl when I took off. Anyone who has thought about getting one should just pull the trigger. It shipped real quick direct from PC. 3 min install! I like how many settings it has so you can dial it in, it is scary responsive.

Ha! I too have mine set on city 4 at the recommendation of a friendly forum member. Takes a few drives to get accustomed to the newfound quickness of the take-offs!

My new wheels came in Saturday so naturally I immediately took them to the local tire shop to have them installed. The tire tech took my truck for a test drive after he put the wheels on. I stood there at watched him take off. Looked like the truck tried to jump out from under him every time he touched the gas pedal! When he came back he said, "Man, that truck has some power!" I'm still laughing!

BTW - The truck looks much, much better now...

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Great looking truck! If I were to buy wheels today I would order a set of those Katlas. The PW should have come with 35s and that wheel offset/width from the factory. That and maybe some powered amp steps and it would be perfect for me.