New 2021 Ram 1500 with black night package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

upi441

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e-torque
I just bought the Billet Silver Metallic Clear-Coat Exterior Paint with Built to Serve package. Is there
anything special to coat the black grill and other black components? I also would like recommendations on detailing the truck for the first time and what product for the billet silver paint.
Thanks in advance

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
For the painted metal bumper you'll need something like Expel Ultimate or 3M Suntek. These are both films and will prevent you from having to repaint the bumper every few years especially if you live in an area with gravel or do a lot of highway commuting. The ceramic coating will not prevent the chips that are going to occur in this area.

LeeD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would strongly recommend either Ceramic Spray coating or Ceramic Coating, it will make your truck 10 times easier to wash & dry and in general to take care of. And it will shine like crazy!

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramics-graphene-master
I've used Adams polishes Ceramic Spray coating on my 2018 Ram and my wife's 2014 Durango. It's been several months now and both still bead up water like when I first polished them. The surface prep was the hardest part of the whole process, especially on the black Durango. Since your truck is new you won't have much work to do.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you going to do the work yourself or are you just looking for recommendations for a protectant for your paint?
Jay