New Bronco.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, it looks cool, and at least they kept a lot of the original styling but I just think it’s kinda funny with all the extra ******** that it comes with, that’s been typical of Phord with their turbo-charged crap motors and 10-speed transmissions...lol. I mean sure, it’s cool that it has the one pedal cruise for crawling, the isolated rear brakes for tighter turns and such but in reality, who’s gonna be crazy enough to take essentially a “stock” vehicle on terrains and trails that normally these kinds of things are heavily built for in someone’s shop?

I was laughing at my girlfriend last night because bless her heart, she’s still a Phord fan from growing up around the infernal things and was mentioning that this would be good for just trail riding but I was like yeah, it would be good for very mild trail riding but all that extra **** they’ve added that would closely match a built rock crawler, I wouldn’t dare take this thing on terrains or Jeep... trails that would warrant the need for things like that. said just a regular Rubicon or even the much more milder version of this Bronco would be better suited and that I wouldn’t be surprised if someone takes this thing to an area they think it was meant to be and break it, learning the hard way that it’s still just a factory vehicle, just like these guys that take their Demons to the track and then wonder why like, after their 20th or so pass they’re blowing out rear-ends...lol. Not knocking the Demon in anyway but that don’t take away the fact that it’s still a stock vehicle. Anything.... produced from the factory can be made better once it leaves the factory, I don’t care how bad-ass it was when it left the assembly line; that’s why jeeps, rock crawlers and drag cars are built for for their intended use and even then, **** still breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dad always told me.......

“Buy a Ford they’re the best...... drive a mile and walk the rest”

LOL..... love you Dad!

Yep. Lol.

“Ashes to ashes,
Dust to dust....
If it weren’t for our Ford’s,
Our tools would rust....”

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Looks like it has an electronic clutch based transferase allowing for 4A which isn't appealing. I've seen too many part time / full time / automatic 4-wheel drive vehicles overheat the transfer cases in aggressive off-road use.

I'll keep my mechanical gear driven transfer case.

Maybe Ford figured it out and if so I'll eat my words... but no one has yet.

One of the sayings my Dad said is this one:

Failed Off Road Disaster.

This one came from him owning a few Fords with the TTB front end that was prone to imploding on itself.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like it has an electronic clutch based transferase allowing for 4A which isn't appealing. I've seen too many part time / full time / automatic 4-wheel drive vehicles overheat the transfer cases in aggressive off-road use.

Yeah, I don’t get that. In my opinion, the only reason why the rebel comes with that non-automatic transfer case is because they figure the people that buy the rebel are going to be buying it to go off road and that the people who buy the trucks like the Limited‘s, the Laramie‘s and the Laramie Longhorns with the auto transfer cases are not intending to take those trucks off road.

I’ll keep my mechanical gear driven transfer case.
If you’re buying that bronco, or anything else like that with intentions to go off road, I would too. I wouldn’t want no automatic transfer case.

Maybe Ford figured it out and if so I’ll eat my words... but no one has yet.

I doubt it. If you’re going to be buying that bronco to go off road, you’re better off to just buy the base model without all that added factory crap and just build it yourself for whatever terrain you intend to take it over.

Even if I was to go buy a jeep Rubicon for trail riding, I would just buy one stock and then take it out on the trails. I’d be doing my own minor modifications to it and get rid of some of that stock **** and putting stuff on there/in there that’s more designed for that kind of abuse.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Those better not be butter bolts... Hopefully Ford had the good sense to put grade 8 bolts anywhere they have the name of the vehicle stamped into the head of them. Why would they stamp their name onto something that could fail.

Wait... this is Ford. Of course they're butter bolts... they're cheaper!

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'm sure there's gonna be plenty to nit pick once we can actually see and feel all the things. I really hope they got away from the cheap **** plastic interior my f150 had. I've never been a fan of all the mumbo jumbo the manufacturers add to high trims. The Rubicon would be sweet it I could package that into a basic jeep and not have all the electronic hoozies.

The fact that the offroad package can be tossed into the base model is great. I'm pretty sure they have 2 transfer cases, similar to us. One is a true part time, and one has an optional auto setting. That would be a huge negative for sure if the auto t-case is standard. But, as always engineers can find a way to mess up a wet dream. Still though, I'm stoked to see this. It's actually feasible for me to purchase, unlike a raptor or TRX Rebel, or Power Wagon or pretty much any other new full-size truck that costs as much as my house did. 35k for a purpose built toy I'll use as weekend rip around, rock and roll.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn Ford really made me look to the dark side one more time. I like a Base 4 door 2021 Bronco with the sasquash package. To hell with the electronics and the leather and 12" screen and the safety features yada yada yada. Give me a base rugged truck with lockers front and rear, offroad skids everywhere and 35's hahaha, Literally ready to play. Wonder how beefy that IFS would be in the rocks ?

I like Jeep finally have competition. I've been looking at the basic JLU Sports and came to find Jeep screwed up with the differentials removing the D44 rear and replacing it with a damn D35 (M200 diff) i don't want to get a Sport JKU with whimpy 3.45's, and a whimpy D35 rear diff :), Base Gladiator with towing package comes with 4.10's and beefier D44's front and rear. No lockers but they can be added later on. same with the Rubi transfer case.

I'll wait and see what happens with the end year sales, i can only imagine the aftermarket gearing up for the new Bronco's. Hoping to see sweet deals from Jeeps as i think Ford is about to shift the offroad market towards these Bronco's fairly quick.

OP
OP
H

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Damn Ford really made me look to the dark side one more time. I like a Base 4 door 2021 Bronco with the sasquash package. To hell with the electronics and the leather and 12" screen and the safety features yada yada yada. Give me a base rugged truck with lockers front and rear, offroad skids everywhere and 35's hahaha, Literally ready to play. Wonder how beefy that IFS would be in the rocks ?

I like Jeep finally have competition. I've been looking at the basic JLU Sports and came to find Jeep screwed up with the differentials removing the D44 rear and replacing it with a damn D35 (M200 diff) i don't want to get a Sport JKU with whimpy 3.45's, and a whimpy D35 rear diff :), Base Gladiator with towing package comes with 4.10's and beefier D44's front and rear. No lockers but they can be added later on. same with the Rubi transfer case.

I'll wait and see what happens with the end year sales, i can only imagine the aftermarket gearing up for the new Bronco's. Hoping to see sweet deals from Jeeps as i think Ford is about to shift the offroad market towards these Bronco's fairly quick.
Exactly. I'm obviously a fan of mopar, and jeeps in particular. But I am a ways out from owning a home and garage big enough to build my dream/ideal rig. When jeep started packaging junk under the base models and the upcharge just for a quality foundation of axles/running gear became significant they lost my interest. Don't even think about a rubi package. 60k for a jeep is insane. Plus, I can't leave anything alone and I too don't want any of the electronic gizmos. Plus the sasquatch package plus a few options on the base will still likely be under 40k and 100% ready to go. I'd bet the farm the aftermarket already has CAD files and bolt ons will be available in short order.

I'm not sold on the power trains. Ecoboosts have a bunch of issues. But that being said, I will surely be at the dealer when these hit the lots to really look at what they offer. Realistically it should be about 2 years before I'd be ready, so that should give them time to iron out any potential first run kinks. The IFS should be just fine. This platform is mostly based off the ranger raptor available everywhere but the USA. My brand loyalty runs skin deep and this truck has all the fixins, a fresh look and is exciting to see.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly. I'm obviously a fan of mopar, and jeeps in particular. But I am a ways out from owning a home and garage big enough to build my dream/ideal rig. When jeep started packaging junk under the base models and the upcharge just for a quality foundation of axles/running gear became significant they lost my interest. Don't even think about a rubi package. 60k for a jeep is insane. Plus, I can't leave anything alone and I too don't want any of the electronic gizmos. Plus the sasquatch package plus a few options on the base will still likely be under 40k and 100% ready to go. I'd bet the farm the aftermarket already has CAD files and bolt ons will be available in short order.

I'm not sold on the power trains. Ecoboosts have a bunch of issues. But that being said, I will surely be at the dealer when these hit the lots to really look at what they offer. Realistically it should be about 2 years before I'd be ready, so that should give them time to iron out any potential first run kinks. The IFS should be just fine. This platform is mostly based off the ranger raptor available everywhere but the USA. My brand loyalty runs skin deep and this truck has all the fixins, a fresh look and is exciting to see.

I keep watching the promo video again and again lol. We know 35’s and front/rear lockers even in the base model is going to be a strong selling point among the enthusiasts. Not sure how many hard core Jeep owners will like that IFS on the rocks though but i'd think Ford did their homework when they decided to support 35's and front lockers on that truck. I can wait to see the tests.

The Badlands and the WildTrack are going to be their most expensive models asides from the "First edition" that you bet is already sold out :) Wildtrack is supposed to be a desert runner, and Badlands will the Rubicon equivalent. First edition is the combination of everything they have.

I think Ford has a champion vehicle with this Bronco man, not sure it'll will be a hard core offroad rig because of the IFS but literally they took even on the aftermarket and provided every damn thing youll need to go offroad (not doing Extreme king of the hammer chit) without doing any modfications, at least for those that will use the truck offroading on 35's. little lift and she's 37" tire ready without having to worry too much about axels. and not everybody can do king of the hammer chit so for the average enthusiast like us , the thing is simply ready to go.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I think the 2-door looks like a Suzuki Samarai. The 4-door isn't bad looking though, I'm not really a fan of Ford. I prefer the Jeep myself.
What's wrong with the Samarai? I had one, slightly lifted on BFG A/Ts. Looked great, went anywhere and fit into tight parking spots. And great fun to drive. Had to sell it when the wife got pregnant, but we still talk about it 34 years later.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Wife and I are pushing 70, and I have always wanted to take her to Black Gap road in Big Bend. I think the base model might be a good replacement for her Scion XB and would do anything we could want and be fun to drive. We will probably test drive a base model next year if we can find one.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-ford-bronco-2-door-4-door-price-official/
Let's shake the tree a little!
I love my ram, and think that it is leaps beyond the 2013 f150 I had. That being said, I'm an enthusiast and I love all things about this hobby. Of all the retro-restylized vehicles released FoMoCo knocked this one out of the park. The 2 door is just freaking perfect. Still not sure about the power plants since the gen 1 3.5 ecoboost left a sour taste in my mouth but man, when these actually hit the streets next year I really might get one. The offroad specs are just too awesome to ignore, plus I've always wanted another bronco ( I owned a 1990).

There is a ferd forum for people like you. Please go to it, get a bronka We don’t talk ferd here or at least I don’t. lol