New Guy on the block (looking to buy used truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
i found the original dealers phone number on the 2014 was serviced at. I'm calling Monday to find out its service history. It's one owner. And the Carfax looks pretty good on servicing!

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Yeah - the 2014 looks like it's been serviced regularly at the dealer, but one thing I caught was the gap between 9/21 and now, with hardly any miles, wonder where it was? The 2018 has quite a few services gaps, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen, a lot of independent shops don't report it, so you really have no idea what actually was done.

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My wife and I decided to wait till we go down in May. This dealer wanted $3,000 down and is none refundable. I'm not giving someone $3,000 I don't know and not getting it back if I'm not satisfied.

Thanks for all of your help! Sorry, I had to put you all through this on such short notice!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My wife and I decided to wait till we go down in May. This dealer wanted $3,000 down and is none refundable. I'm not giving someone $3,000 I don't know and not getting it back if I'm not satisfied.

Thanks for all of your help! Sorry, I had to put you all through this on such short notice!
Don't blame you, I'm not buying something I haven't seen either and loose $3000. That's called a pig in the poke. Sorry if I offended any pigs! It's a new world!

Last edited:

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500

No apologies necessary, I'd do the same thing, maybe take that $3,000 and send it to the guy in Nigeria emailing me so I can get millions in return.

Good luck in your search!

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's interesting the dealer with Rams I mentioned that were for sale earlier are still there. He made it sound like they would move right away and be gone. LOL.

I had asked him on our first contact if he would accept a cash offer for less. He said no, that they include tax, license and everything.

Now that they have been sitting for a week now... I wonder if I wave $5,000 less the asking price if he would jump on it?

The three RAMs that were for sale then are still on here!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
It's interesting the dealer with Rams I mentioned that were for sale earlier are still there. He made it sound like they would move right away and be gone. LOL.

I had asked him on our first contact if he would accept a cash offer for less. He said no, that they include tax, license and everything.

Now that they have been sitting for a week now... I wonder if I wave $5,000 less the asking price if he would jump on it?

The three RAMs that were for sale then are still on here!
I'd try it!

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
We are headed back out to Arizona this weekend for a week.

I found this out there for sale. Is that too many miles? Should I be concerned. Looks like a nice truck!

How low should I go on a CASH offer?

I called him and he said he has 5 people coming to look at it. Not sure how true that is. I asked for the VIN to look it up under car fax. No reply!

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We are headed back out to Arizona this weekend for a week.

I found this out there for sale. Is that too many miles? Should I be concerned. Looks like a nice truck!

How low should I go on a CASH offer?

I called him and he said he has 5 people coming to look at it. Not sure how true that is. I asked for the VIN to look it up under car fax. No reply!
18K for a truck with 188K odometer 5.7 that is 12 years old? Hmmmmmmmmmm. That be a lot of miles, the truck does look clean. I sure as heck would want to know the MX history, services, and all that. The only thing that makes me go hmmmm, is the odometer. Prices for used up so high, that person is making a good penny for sure. KBB with standard equipment: may add a lil value ref optional. I would run a KBB with options U see/have and see where it goes and offer that amount. I did KBB below with standard installed. But remember, a lot of Mods not factory does not add to value, BUT VALUE is what PPL R willing to pay, IMHO..

tttt.JPG

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, ole cookie sheet, LOL.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Wow, I have 143,000 miles on one of my '12s (thinking of that as low) and 223,000 miles on my other '12. I'd take either one of them anywhere but I only wish I could get anywhere close to that kind of money for them.

OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OMG, we went to this dealership and arrived an hour early for our appointment. Opened up the tail gate to the bed that had a topper and a padded liner. OMG, the smell when I opened the bed was intoxicating!!!
I have been a detailer personally and professionally in my life and have come across NASTY before and this was the worst ever!

Then I opened the drives door and my wife was ten feet away and said to me... "what is that terrible smell?" I told her it was the inside it smelled as bad as the bed liner.

I felt this vehicle was dropped in a lake somewhere and they towed it out and let it sit in the hot Arizona sun for weeks! It was that BAD.

I didn't bother to see the salesman... nor did anyone come out to greet us.
We looked at another RAM 1500 on the lot. It didn't smell and it lacked a decent detail and it had just as much miles on it and a little less in price.

This place raved how they were so good and then some!

IF YOU LIVE IN ARIZONA... STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

They aren't who they claim to be.
This was on of the worst dealership experiences I have had in my life and I've worked for many car dealerships and have done detailing for used car and truck dealers and I have NEVER come across anything this BAD.

My wife and I can still smell that nasty ass smell!

Lifted Trucks Mesa 1861 S Mesa Drive Mesa, AZ 85210