New Longhorn & looking for tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My_Looong_Horn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Just got a 2022 Longhorn, going from car to truck. Bought through my company as we’re going to use it for occasional pickups and deliveries. So far I’m loving it, only one small warranty issue: it needed a tailgate latch replaced. No big deal.

I do need a tonneau cover. Looking for a hardtop sectional…any opinions from other owners would be appreciated!44F718F0-4587-4E27-AB73-642AD1892F43.jpeg9333BE36-E08F-4C25-A7FF-67E39FEF00BA.jpeg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I but a three-piece hardtop through Walmart for about $400 bought it for my last Gen 3 and it was only supposed to be for a year or so because I was coming out of a Pace Edwards rolling hardtop after 13 years. Well, it is 5 years later, using it on my Gen 4 8-ft bed unit and it still works like a charm, keeps my bed 100% dry and easy to put on and take off. Walmart still sells them, although they're about 550 now. You'll get a lot of good responses on this, but I am very happy having spent half of what some of the name brand hardtops are. Good luck.

OP
OP
My_Looong_Horn

My_Looong_Horn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I’m enjoying it now, and I think that’ll be the same throughout my time with it. It’s so comfortable, I really love it. I haven’t had a pickup truck as a daily driver in literally 25 years. I thought this would be a nice way to “ease back in”

OP
OP
My_Looong_Horn

My_Looong_Horn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I but a three-piece hardtop through Walmart for about $400 bought it for my last Gen 3 and it was only supposed to be for a year or so because I was coming out of a Pace Edwards rolling hardtop after 13 years. Well, it is 5 years later, using it on my Gen 4 8-ft bed unit and it still works like a charm, keeps my bed 100% dry and easy to put on and take off. Walmart still sells them, although they're about 550 now. You'll get a lot of good responses on this, but I am very happy having spent half of what some of the name brand hardtops are. Good luck.
I just had a look at Walmart Canada, which is where I am, and they obviously special order and import right from the US. The lowest cost one was about $1500 Canadian. I can actually pick up a pretty decent one for about 1100 Canadian. I appreciate the advice though!

I saw some brand names that I just wasn’t sure if they were worth splurging on. When I say splurge I mean $1500-$2000. They just didn’t look like they had any extra features overall I just don’t know if the quality was a whole lot better than the one I looked at.

DB Cooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETORQ
I've had the backflipp2 on my truck for ten years, its fantastic and very secure. Aluminum., can stand on it. I'll put another on my 22 when it arrives.