New member 2004

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIANA SLAYTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I am new to this site. I recently purchased a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 GTX 5.7 Hemi. My question is How to go about getting a Certificate of Authenticity for my truck. It is orange # 417 of 433 ..It has a salvage title currently and being rebuilt. It did not come with the certificate, just the owners manual and service book. It is a nice clean vehicle with 67000 miles on it. Before we got it, It had a wheel bearing fly apart and did some damage to the drivers side fender and suspension. I do not have pics currently but will take some. If anyone has any information to guide me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Certifying what? That's a real GTX or something? GTX's didn't come from the factory per se, trucks were shipped to LA West for customization as they were ordered. Should have a serial number tag on the door jamb like this one:

1449203-2004-dodge-ram-1500-gtx-srcset-xxl.jpg

Very interesting....I was gonna tell you to go here and enter your VIN: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
But every GTX Ram VIN I've found says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided"

OEDRO

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome

OP
OP
D

DIANA SLAYTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have the badge inside the drivers door jam but I was told there was an actual certificate that also came with it. I can live with out it, but thought i would try to acquire one if there was one to be with it.

OP
OP
D

DIANA SLAYTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to that web site and it says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" as well. I'm not easily deterred so i will keep digging!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I went to that web site and it says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" as well. I'm not easily deterred so i will keep digging!

Yeah, That's exactly what I said earlier lol........

Very interesting....I was gonna tell you to go here and enter your VIN: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
But every GTX Ram VIN I've found says "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided"

You never told us if you have the door jamb plate like in the picture...

ric3xrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LA West was the company that was contracted to build them, in 04 DCX sent them 433 Black Rams, each truck received American racing wheels, Pacesetter exhaust system. Matching color seats insets, each truck got a tonneau cover , cowl hood the 4 initial colors were ,Hemi Orange, Plum Crazy Purple, Sublime Green, and Banana Yellow there was special ordered one it was white RCSB 4x2 the addition of the white(Cool Vanilla) truck brought it to 434.
211 Orange
97 Sublime
72 Plum Crazy
53 Banana Yellow
1 Cool Vanilla
that was supposed to be it but the 433 run was all sold out by Oct , the white truck was built in Dec , so they decided to authorize the 05 model and add Cool Vanilla and Black to the color line up.
DCX got a lot of Flack from old school GTX owners about the name being on a Dodge, so they decided to change the name to GTxtreme, same package as 04, how ever for 05 the GTxtreme was an order model..meaning they were to be built as ordered.
there is some information out there that 433 were made in 05....No the production #s I got from DCX is 156
72 Orange
46 Sublime
15 Plum Crazy
10 Banana Yellow
7 Black
6 Cool Vanilla

the 05s received the American racing wheels up to # 007X My 05 Plum truck # 0068(in my avatar) came with the American racing wheels, my 05 Banana Yellow truck #0077 came with the butterfly wheels . I found a one owner Plum truck # 0083 that came with the butterfly wheels.
My 04 Plum # 0093 is rotted chunk of crap. located a Black 05 needs a bed and drivers door.

On the old computer I had the break down of 4x2 4x4 QC and RC I have still have the hard copies of the Info I just need to find it.

OP
OP
D

DIANA SLAYTON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, I'm impressed!!! Still looking for where to see if i can get the certificate of authenticity that came with the truck new. Guess i will get a car fax and see if i can get intouch with the person that bought it new.

Would like to start a listing of the numbered 04's out there just to see where they are and how many we can account for.