New member: Looking to get in contact with FCA - have iron clad evidence of dealer fraud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselGate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
First off, this post is NOT spam, and I am NOT some conspiracy nut.....nor am I just some angry customer who's simply upset with the price he paid for repairs.

I have been trying to get someone from FCA to contact me -- if any company reps are on this forum, or if any of you have any contact info, please PM me.

I am not looking for some sort of big payout, I just want to inform FCA of this scam, and work WITH THEM to ensure that there are better procedures in place to prevent this happening to anyone else.

Basically...

A dealership tried telling me they found gasoline in my diesel engine, and that my factory warranty was now void, and the repair bill was $11,000 -- there was no gasoline in my engine.

Long story short, I caught them lying about the whole thing, confronted them, and I have a full admission of guilt from the dealership in the form of an email from them in which they offered me $45,000 in exchange for my silence. I also have much more tangible evidence every step of the way.

Basically what the dealership was doing was running a scam where they would bill customers for repairs, and also bill FCA for repairs as "warranty claims" -- and the pocket the customer' cash.

Again, I'm not some guy who doesn't know what he's talking about -- I have solid, tangible evidence every step of the way -- and nothing proves their guilt more than a black and white email in which they are literally offering me a substantial cash payout in exchange for my silence, once they realized I caught onto their racket.

I am trying to get in contact with FCA so that I can work with them to ensure that something like this never happens to anyone ever again. I am more than willing to share the evidence with them.

OP
OP
D

DieselGate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have attached a couple of the emails I received from this dealership.

*I blacked out any names, dates, logos, etc. because I want to ensure FCA is willing to work WITH ME, and not identify the offending dealership and work with them on a cover up (I'm not a conspiracy nut, I swear!)

*Yes, I know these emails could be from anyone -- I could have sent them to myself -- but if someone from FCA wants to see, I am more than willing to show them the original email in my inbox coming straight from the dealership's email address.

First Image: "We found gasoline in your diesel engine -- you owe us $11k"

Second Image:"We'll give you $45,000 if you sign this NDA saying you won't tell anyone about our scam"

Edit: Figuring out a way to make the second image more readable -- because I'm a new member it won't let me post a link yet....bear with me...

Email #1.png

Gmail - RE: FUEL ANALYSIS RESULTS.png

Gmail - RE: FUEL ANALYSIS RESULTS copy.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DieselGate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
@RamCares

If I do not hear back from someone at FCA, I will be forced to take every piece of evidence I have, and take it to the media -- and I will most certainly highlight the part where I alerted FCA to the matter, but they did nothing and allowed it to happen.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This is an enthusiast forum. Ramcares are here to help you schedule appointments and such. If real, this matter should be brought to FCA via your attorney. If that fails (FCA has powerful attorneys) then the media may be able to help shed light on the situation. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an enthusiast forum. Ramcares are here to help you schedule appointments and such. If real, this matter should be brought to FCA via your attorney. If that fails (FCA has powerful attorneys) then the media may be able to help shed light on the situation. Good luck!

Dealerships are privately owned entities separate from FCA. I'm not sure what their attorneys have to do with anything since they haven't really done anything wrong?

Honestly if this happened to me I'd go to the local media wherever this dealership is and not even worry about contacting FCA. Make em pay! Run those shady crooks out of town so they don't scam anyone else.

OP
OP
D

DieselGate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

I'm not afraid of FCA's attorneys. I mean, the average person would have been scared to take on the dealership, but I got them from wanting me to pay them $11,000....to them offering to pay me $45,000 -- I've already won that battle.

I am reaching out to FCA because I think there are problems in their processes that allow for stuff like this to happen in the first place -- I am hoping that FCA wants to use this as a learning experience to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else ever again.

I know @RamCares isn't the person I ultimately need to speak to -- they just handle basic Customer Service stuff -- but have you ever tried getting in contact with anyone at FCA -- it's damn near impossible!!

So, I am hoping that through this public forum, @RamCares (or who ever else from FCA might be on this forum) puts me in touch with the correct people at FCA.

Regardless of how the company is structured, and what sort of autonomy the dealerships have, they bear the FCA name, so I would hope that this is of paramount concern for FCA as something like this being made public will no doubt be detrimental to their brand's image.....and not only that, they should acre that their customers are vulnerable of getting scammed at the hands of unscrupulous dealers (who know they won't face any repercussion from FCA).

Again, not trying to "threaten" FCA with the whole "going to the media" thing -- I am hoping they are willing to work with me to learn from this experience, and ensure this never happens to anyone ever again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DieselGate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Dealerships are privately owned entities separate from FCA. I'm not sure what their attorneys have to do with anything since they haven't really done anything wrong?

Honestly if this happened to me I'd go to the local media wherever this dealership is and not even worry about contacting FCA. Make em pay! Run those shady crooks out of town so they don't scam anyone else.

I already have made them pay -- I mean they're trying to offer me $45,000 cash in exchange for my silence.

But this is a large dealership network, with locations all over the country, I want to see them punished further. I literally want to see every single location go out of business. I'm hoping that FCA steps in and strips them of their right to sell FCA vehicles, etc. -- I'm sure they violated some part of their franchise agreement by doing this.

Also, I mean by doing this "double dipping scam", this dealership was also stealing money from FCA. Perhaps FCA does some sort of audit on all of the warranty claims the dealership has billed them for, in order to find out which ones were legit, and which ones they pocketed the money.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I can't read the last two attachments. Too small of print and gets fuzzy when I expand it. That said, I'd of probably pushed them to fix my engine at no charge and accepted the $45k hush money. But I'd of done it before going public.... :)

OP
OP
D

DieselGate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I can't read the last two attachments. Too small of print and gets fuzzy when I expand it. That said, I'd of probably pushed them to fix my engine at no charge and accepted the $45k hush money. But I'd of done it before going public.... :)

Yeah, as soon as it lets me, I'll uploaded better pictures.

But to be honest, I really don't care about the money -- its about the principle. I want to make sure they never do this to anyone ever again.

It makes me sick thinking that they can pull scams like this on innocent people and not really face any repercussion or intervention from FCA or anyone. I managed to catch them in the act, but lets be honest, the average person would simply fork over the cash -- they know this and will continue to do stuff like this -- unacceptable.

This is why I want FCA to get involved -- so we can look into the way the dealerships handle warranty claims and such, and put better policies in place so that the process is more transparent, and it isn't so easy for dealerships to do this to people.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Understand and I applaud your integrity. I hope you'll keep us in the loop as to the final outcome. I'd like to know if this is occurring at other dealerships. I have the same truck as you in the same state so have a vested interest.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Just can't get my head around this.
1. I do not doubt that it happened. Some dealers or service dept's are criminals. They will put it all at risk because they believe they can get away with it.
2. Not buying that a authorized person at the dealership made the "keep quite offer" Some owners are absentee. Possible that some employee sent a stupid panic email.
3.What I find odd is the members frantic effort to contact FCA. Real simple. Google FCA HQ or "who runs FCA" "Where are they located" You will get Reid's (CEO) email address, phone number and address in Warren Michigan.
4. They will blow the member and his evidence off. Tell him to get an attorney. That should have been done on day 1.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you ever think that the service manager and say one crooked mechanic are in this scam together,and just maybe the company is not .My advice to you is to get a attorney and do what you say. but don't dig a hole for yourself. Remember you have written proof and all the posting is given them ammunition too.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Theres a reason why the first thing a lawyer will tell you is dont discuss this on an open forum. Get a lawyer. The lawyer is paid enough to do a simple search on google to find the correct phone numbers.

Btw. Nice name. You purposely with malice created your name. I suggest deleted all this convo and call a lawyer. 10 to 1, they've allready seen this and are awaiting your call. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, just a little fyi. You've given out too much info allready. Like AutoNation chrysler jeep from Seattle, wa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk