New Member - North Alabama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erickpl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
reetings.

I've had my Delmonico Red 1500 Sport since 2/2017 and have loved it. Far nicer inside than Chevy or Ford (and I have family that works at each of those!)

We had a Chevy Avalanche, but it couldn't handle towing our travel trailer very well for a planned Grand Canyon trip. The 1500 works well for us, though sometimes I wish I had a 2500 with the CTD. :) Oh well. Having had the Avalanche, I love the Ramboxes as we are always carrying hiking poles, bicycle pumps, dog leashes and stuff that I would rather keep out of the cab.

As far as mods, I've only done the tailgate assist as my 17 has most of the features I wanted. Added the OEM trailer brake controller but don't have the tow mirrors (my wife wanted the matching sport color mirrors). :)

Other than that, plans are to line the bed (Linex) simply to save the body.

I've been checking out the mods under $100, but would like to do the 2018+ UConnect setup, but that isn't happening anytime soon! LOL

It's odd though, I did mods on my Jeep for offroading and I modded the Avalanche as well. I just haven't felt the need on this one - yet. Maybe LED tailgate bar or additional lighting for the rear when backing up or needing to encourage people behind me to turn off highbeams... Maybe a tonneau cover...

But perhaps the biggest thing I'd like to do is upgrade lighting in front (fogs and headlamps). I've been spoiled by German headlights. Looking at several right now, but would love input from ya while I did more in the DIY mods sections.

Here's my truck as it sits now.

ram.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome, great looking truck!!

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
reetings.

I've had my Delmonico Red 1500 Sport since 2/2017 and have loved it. Far nicer inside than Chevy or Ford (and I have family that works at each of those!)

We had a Chevy Avalanche, but it couldn't handle towing our travel trailer very well for a planned Grand Canyon trip. The 1500 works well for us, though sometimes I wish I had a 2500 with the CTD. :) Oh well. Having had the Avalanche, I love the Ramboxes as we are always carrying hiking poles, bicycle pumps, dog leashes and stuff that I would rather keep out of the cab.

As far as mods, I've only done the tailgate assist as my 17 has most of the features I wanted. Added the OEM trailer brake controller but don't have the tow mirrors (my wife wanted the matching sport color mirrors). :)

Other than that, plans are to line the bed (Linex) simply to save the body.

I've been checking out the mods under $100, but would like to do the 2018+ UConnect setup, but that isn't happening anytime soon! LOL

It's odd though, I did mods on my Jeep for offroading and I modded the Avalanche as well. I just haven't felt the need on this one - yet. Maybe LED tailgate bar or additional lighting for the rear when backing up or needing to encourage people behind me to turn off highbeams... Maybe a tonneau cover...

But perhaps the biggest thing I'd like to do is upgrade lighting in front (fogs and headlamps). I've been spoiled by German headlights. Looking at several right now, but would love input from ya while I did more in the DIY mods sections.

Here's my truck as it sits now.

View attachment 171913
I have morimotos I think these work really nice and they are sequential also.
df501fb0945787c6bb9de2d2aa634a84.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Welcome to the best of the best. THAT is a great color. First thing that hit me was,,,,,black badging. But, not my truck.