Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vinny227

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, new member here. Just purchased 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn on 12/20. I have been looking for years for a truck. Never committed due to people thinking there truck was worth more then it was or it looked like a rust bucket.

Found a company truck that a president of the company drove. So, it was clean and well taken care of. So I jumped in and went for it.

The excitement started quick. I notice after doing an oil change and detail job after I bought it. That it had a ticking sound upon starting it up. After using this forum and research. Found out i had the dreaded hemi manifold break.

Trying to figure out how i was going to repair it. Myself, shop, or dealership. I went ahead and went to the dealer to schedule an appointment for the open recalls. I was talking to the service writer. I knew the warranty hadn’t expired due to miles and the year was done by date of purchase. He looked it up and come to find out the warranty was expiring on 12/23. 12/23 was the day I was standing there.

So, luckily i was about to get the manifold bolts changed out under the last day of the warranty.

That was my exciting first few days of owning a Ram 1500.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.