New member 2nd post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill R 0477

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Bighorn quad cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2012 ram 1500 5.7 liter . Cranking but not always starting. I posted this yesterday and got some great responses. Thank you. I can't find the particular thread. But one guy suggested check to see if fuel pump running after key off it does had to disconnect neg. Cable to stop. Reconnected battery then checked voltage across fuses 22 and 33 no voltage. The guy who suggested this didn't say what if anything this would tell whats wrong. Any suggestions thanks in advance

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Vertical visions .com makes a fuel pump relay jumper. It sounds like it’s stuck on . Tipm bypass

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 ram 1500 5.7 liter . Cranking but not always starting. I posted this yesterday and got some great responses. Thank you. I can't find the particular thread. But one guy suggested check to see if fuel pump running after key off it does had to disconnect neg. Cable to stop. Reconnected battery then checked voltage across fuses 22 and 33 no voltage. The guy who suggested this didn't say what if anything this would tell whats wrong. Any suggestions thanks in advance
Here's your original thread. If you click your name on the top right and then click, "your content" you'll find your other post.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can buy a bypass cable on Amazon or ebay too for about $10. Or the most elegant solution for DIY-heavy guys ...get an exact replacement relay HERE, and re-solder it to your truck's computer in place of the existing FP relay (assuming that's the issue). It's more work though. There are instructions how to ...on the internet/youtube.

If the FP is coming on but not starting, then check the fuel pump pressure regulator back below the brake booster. There are useful Y/T videos how to check/swap out.

Other possible causes:
-Intermittent fuel pump,
-Fuel pump/tank wiring,
-Bad ground/s back by fuel pump,
-Corroded TIPM trace,
-Rodent-chewed wire/s
-Corroded TIPM harness connector pins.. esp being from IL.
-Something heretofore not listed :D

Last edited: