New Models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have noticed on some 1500 & 2500 the badge is on the edge of the hood & then some are more towards the center of the hoods like they used to do with the old Power Wagons. Keep thinking this is the new 2021 models, but I have seen some 2021's with the badge on the edge of the hood too. Is this something they are gradually changing over on the 5th gen?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're seeing two different styles of hood. The hoods with the badges closer to the edges are the standard hoods. The hoods with the badges more towards the center are the sport hoods. Sport hood also has simulated vents one each side, near the front of the hood. The hood you get depends model and options the truck comes with. All Rebels come with the sport hood, so many people call it the Rebel hood. But there are appearance packages that include the sport hood, like the Sports Appearance package that I got with my Laramie.

Sport hood
2020-ram-1500-rebel-ecodiesel-ptoty-lead sport hood.jpg

Standard hood
2020-Dodge-RAM-1500-standard hood.jpg

Last edited:

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I guess I hadn't paid attention, but interesting.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
The 2022 model is when there changing the front end to be a little more aggressive looking.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I don't know, the images I have seen appear to have Ram having softened the front even more. At least the ones I have seen. I remember the radical design back in the early 90's and it caused me to buy my first ever new vehicle. My 2018 has a much more pronounced slope from fender to hood than they do now, and that rise appears to be shrinking further in 2022. The 2022 Ford's look like they will have more rise.

Stewart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The Black Appearance Package comes standard with the sport hood.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Black Appearance Package comes standard with the sport hood.

The sport hood is not available on the big Horn, just the Laramie. Not sure if it available on the Limited.

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2022 model is when there changing the front end to be a little more aggressive looking.

I sure hope it is getting a more aggressive look. Right now the front is so bland and generic except for the Rebel and TRX.
After 3 years of looking at the front of the new model it still has not grown on me, especially the models with the chrome front ends.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
or in canada we have a true sport model with blackout badges only in canada eh lol and the pic of the wifes cherokee trail hawk elite

20190416_104124.jpg

20190510_182438.jpg

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
You're seeing two different styles of hood. The hoods with the badges closer to the edges are the standard hoods. The hoods with the badges more towards the center are the sport hoods. Sport hood also has simulated vents one each side, near the front of the hood. The hood you get depends model and options the truck comes with. All Rebels come with the sport hood, so many people call it the Rebel hood. But there are appearance packages that include the sport hood, like the Sports Appearance package that I got with my Laramie.

Sport hood
View attachment 243924

Standard hood
View attachment 243925

I will have to pay more attention next time I see one but I swear it wasn't just on the sport hood. Now you have me even more intrigued.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The sport hood is not available on the big Horn, just the Laramie. Not sure if it available on the Limited.
Haha...must not have paid attention to the details on the person's truck that you quoted in your post. They have the Limited with the Sports Appearance Package, and you can see the sport hood in their avatar pic. The sport hood is definitely available on the Limited.

I will have to pay more attention next time I see one but I swear it wasn't just on the sport hood. Now you have me even more intrigued.
Yeah, it's definitely just the sport hood. Although you might be able to move the badges since they are only held on with double-sided tape on the non-sport hood. Not sure how well they would fit though if you tried moving them there.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I sure hope it is getting a more aggressive look. Right now the front is so bland and generic except for the Rebel and TRX.
After 3 years of looking at the front of the new model it still has not grown on me, especially the models with the chrome front ends.
I agree,to me also the chrome does not look good on the new models.