New motor @ 126k wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brian Keiper

Brian Keiper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yes, go with their break in oil & filter for the milage they recommend, Profs to the repair shop they are on their game!!!
Thanks man yeah she goes in the 25th here kinda excited actually, it's like it has been running on 6cyl in limp mode kinda fine, but WOT spudders and shudders so bad with hardly any power, but Still runs no leaks just babying her for a bit longer till she goes in.

OP
OP
Brian Keiper

Brian Keiper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Dealers can do cheap oil changes because many of them don't use the oil they are supposed too.

You will most likely get an OEM oil filter but the you probably won't get Pennzoil / Mopar oil, you get oil from a drum and it is cheap garbage that I wouldn't run in a beater. They also walk most people out the door with extra services.

I would rather pay a little more, use great oil and filters and do it myself than take my chances with the 16 year old kid doing oil changes at the dealership.

That being said it's great you are happy with your dealer. You don't hear that often.
Probably be looking into this route for sure! staying away from quick lubes anymore..

Stringer45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
how did that fabled lemon law battle transpire?

did u ever even change the oil?

OP
OP
Brian Keiper

Brian Keiper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
P219A code after the misfire code what to think ? As I ma getting a new engine is this normal? Been running the truck in limp mode until new motor.. should I stop or check into something else as far as the ram goes, truck is really ******* me off not gonna lie!