2018 Ram 3500 has a few issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes blue lights behind handles
Good chance if all of your lights are functional that the aftermarket headlights are part of the culprit for the error message on the lighting. The canbus system doesn't take kindly to aftermarket lights.

For tuners... I personally have had good luck with the H&S Minimaxx box tunes, but I ONLY use the stock tune if I delete one. Turning the tune up and then towing with it is a recipe for disaster unless your engine and trans have been upgraded to handle it. A custom tune as suggested above might not be a bad idea though.

If your actuator is indeed bad... reach out to City Diesel and they'll fix you up.

OP
OP
KrisTheRvGuy

KrisTheRvGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good chance if all of your lights are functional that the aftermarket headlights are part of the culprit for the error message on the lighting. The canbus system doesn't take kindly to aftermarket lights.

For tuners... I personally have had good luck with the H&S Minimaxx box tunes, but I ONLY use the stock tune if I delete one. Turning the tune up and then towing with it is a recipe for disaster unless your engine and trans have been upgraded to handle it. A custom tune as suggested above might not be a bad idea though.

If your actuator is indeed bad... reach out to City Diesel and they'll fix you up.
Yeah they are all aftermarket LED From what Im reading I can buy a app and turn iff off so it stops!

Also congrats on the new rig! she's beautiful! I saw you came to Georgia for it I only went with the Raceme per a recommendation from a veryyy well known diesel shop down here. I do not want to make her a smoking monster or anything to hurt it. I simply want it to be normal and healthy and ready to pull our camper !

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yea AlfaOBD will turn it off I believe.

I tow a camper too. The RaceMe tuner isn't a bad tuner... if it has a stock setting, flip it back to stock and you'll be safe as far as the tune goes. Then I'd focus on the actuator. I'm right down the road from City Diesel and they do good work.

Thanks! I love the truck... but it has a few things to work out. Like most used trucks. :)

OP
OP
KrisTheRvGuy

KrisTheRvGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea AlfaOBD will turn it off I believe.

I tow a camper too. The RaceMe tuner isn't a bad tuner... if it has a stock setting, flip it back to stock and you'll be safe as far as the tune goes. Then I'd focus on the actuator. I'm right down the road from City Diesel and they do good work.

Thanks! I love the truck... but it has a few things to work out. Like most used trucks. :)
Yeah I own a RV service center so im constantly moving customer campers or my own Thats the joy of used trucks! Things to fix, Who wants a new perfect truck !

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s the dash
OK, Mopar shows vehicle has 2 incomplete safety recalls. FCA Recall # V06 and # Y26. Also shows it is a Laramie trim. ALSO here is your Equipment Listing attached below.

Attachments

• 2018 3500 BuildSheetServlet.pdf
    8.6 KB · Views: 5

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
When I had my 3500 with the aisin trans, it was terrible when shifting from drive to reverse. It would bang like you neutral dropped the trans. Always did it and mine was bone stock.

OP
OP
KrisTheRvGuy

KrisTheRvGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I had my 3500 with the aisin trans, it was terrible when shifting from drive to reverse. It would bang like you neutral dropped the trans. Always did it and mine was bone stock.
Yeah It freaks me out. Ive done alot of reading and from others its a hard hitting trans out of gear

OP
OP
KrisTheRvGuy

KrisTheRvGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well truck codes came back. Took to a shop. Looks like turbo problems.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What kind of turbo problems? Does it actually need a turbo, or just the actuator? What codes?