2018 Ram 3500 has a few issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KrisTheRvGuy

KrisTheRvGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo, Actuator and the fuel filter assembly all need to be replaced. Guy was shocked the truck drove. Turbo was locked up but built psi per the gauge.

Thankfully i have a warranty Said hes going to install a BD turbo system instead of the OEM as he recommends it.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Turbo, Actuator and the fuel filter assembly all need to be replaced. Guy was shocked the truck drove. Turbo was locked up but built psi per the gauge.

Thankfully i have a warranty Said hes going to install a BD turbo system instead of the OEM as he recommends it.

You must have some sort of 3rd party warranty? Rare for them to approve an aftermarket turbo (oem warranty that is). Honestly you just need an actuator but if they are going to pay for the complete turbo might as well.

Why does the fuel filter assembly need to be replaced? Did they strip out the nut on it?

./

OP
OP
KrisTheRvGuy

KrisTheRvGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OEM is 2 times the price of aftermarket.
I do have a 3 party warranty, Always get them

I just had Akins( I know you prolly heard of them since you are also in GA) Replace filters and apparently they broke it. Still getting some details.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
OEM is 2 times the price of aftermarket.
I do have a 3 party warranty, Always get them

I just had Akins( I know you prolly heard of them since you are also in GA) Replace filters and apparently they broke it. Still getting some details.

Yep, I know of Akins (wild ******* etc).

Yeah the fuel filter top can be a bugger to get off. There is a trick to it but you can also strip or break it if not careful. Glad you got it sorted out.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If something is locking up but it's building boost, it sounds like an actuator problem. That's a fairly easy fix honestly. But, if they're going to swap the entire turbo at least you'll get a new one with a little more peace of mind. I'd ask for the actuator kit from City Diesel myself.. supposed to be a lot more robust than the OEM and it doesn't require recalibration. It's a good bit cheaper too. They're over here near me in Decatur, AL. Good dudes.

I hear ya on the filter housing... like mtnrider said... you have to be uber careful removing it. I have the socket for it and it comes off pretty easily, but it wouldn't take but one idgit with a gorilla fist to destroy that housing.

OP
OP
KrisTheRvGuy

KrisTheRvGuy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally the extended warranty is going to cover 75% of the cost. Thankfully the aftermarket setup is way cheaper than OEM. I hope to have my truck back next week! been a long month without and im stuck driving my work F450 that is the work truck edition from when i had a hardscape company. While i enjoy it it would be nice to have my leather seats and radio back lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357