NEW PCM AND STALLING?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daredevil95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I could use some advice? I have a Ram 1500 5.2 150K.....about 5 years ago I had an exhaust installed / welded and the guy never disconnected the battery and screwed up the PCM trouble code P0601; I've been driving it like this since then. I need a another PCM so, where do you guys recommend I buy another PCM? I want to fix that problem first.

Next, starting yesterday, my truck keeps stalling. start up and then dies, starts up put in gear then dies and a few times I made it a 100 feet before stalling. The only code i get is for the PCM. I checked the fuel pressure and it's good while running and when it stalls. I plugged my scanner in and everything seems to be good....catalytic converter is in the 900 degrees when revving....IDK if that's to hot? clogged? I have a Autel **** which is decent homeowner scanner but, it's not allowing me to test the torque converter clutch? keep getting message that it is unable to connect to computer. So, that's why I'm fixing my PCM first. You guys have any ideas as to what I should check?? Ive owned the truck since new and this is really the first major issue so, good truck!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956