New ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saltwatercowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey! i just traded in my 06 f150 for a 2013 ram 1500, i was wondering i could add to my new truck that will not void the warranty, but give me more horses and increased torque. im already looking at a cold air intake and a throttle body spacer from afe. i'm open to any suggestions.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Welcome! From the little time I've been here, I've read a throttle body spacer is just a marketing gimmick, don't waste your money.

The best CAI's seem to be the S&B and the Veraram. Also another worthwhile upgrade is to use a Moe's ported 87mm throttle body.

OP
OP
S

saltwatercowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hmm,ive been looking at K&N along and volant, ill look into those CAI's as well and look into the new throttle body. thank you

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Throttle body spacer = useless paperweight

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
None of the above SHOULD void your warranty. But a tuner and exhaust before the cat converter will cause guff if you take it for warranty work with a powertrain claim. The tuners although will not show it had a tuner they will be able to tell how many times the pcm has been flashed.

America has the magnuson moss act to prevent companies from denying warranty claims unless they can provide the failure was due to the modification. I do not know what means canada does to protect consumers.

Saying I want to add horsepower but keep my warranty is like an oxymoron haha.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93