New Rear Rotors Not Sitting Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clint.dunnet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey I have 16 ram 1500 sport and purchased the max advanced brake kit e-coated slotted cross drilled rotors and m1 pads.

I installed the front ones and felt like a whole new truck. But ingot a guy to install the rear ones for because I didn't have time. When I got it back it was make a squealing noise so I took off left side tire and noticed the rotor is sitting on an angle not flush so I checked the other and same thing. I called him and he said the rotors were seized on very bad and he had to beat them good to get them off - I said okay but why are the rotors cocked sideways a little. And he is trying to to me they aren't I took pics and printed them out.

What could he have damaged to make the rotors not sit one here right. Like 3 wheel studs are even but 2 you can't see as much of the stud that's how much it's not straight.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Why not post the pics you took?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
post some pics Clint. I am hoping he didnt damage the caliper. You having a 16, I cant imagine it being seized already but maybe being in Canada the conditions are a bit more harsh? Does it feel like the rear brakes are dragging?

OP
OP
Clint.dunnet

Clint.dunnet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'll post some pics when I get home. They dont feel like dragging but They make an awful noise driving it's louder when going slow but because of the big tires and exhaust can't hear it as much higher speeds but feels like scraping noise. I work nights so I didn't get a chance to bring the truck back. But in canada it's still good weather here so I don't see an issue there. Like I said I'll post pics in a couple hours. If I have to I can take tire off and get better pics if you'd like.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would go back to the guy whovdidvthe job and have him fix it.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely see whats going on there asap. scraping brakes is never a good thing lol. Lets get to the bottom of this asap. It could be damaging your brakes more and if it is damaged bad enough it could eventually lead to brake failure.