New to rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sixpnt4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Hi everyone. I have a 2015 scat pack challenger as my daily driver and fun car, but have always wanted a truck. Found a stupid good deal on a 98 quad cab with 210,000 on the odo. I have a few questions, first being, the courtesy light around the ignition opening will not go out. It remains glowing green, since I've had it. Also I'm getting a p1595 stored code when I check with my obd reader, and the cruise control doesn't work which would make sense.

Of course the steering is sloppy as hell and the front brakes need replaced, but that's to be expected at 210k. Anything I should look for as far as my electrical gremlins? What is the trigger for the ignition light, I would think door jamb switch..?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to rf!
Check for any busted vacuum lines under or around the battery or at the intake itself for a cruise control problem. As far as the trigger for the light, yes it is the door jamb but it's supposed to cut out after the switch is turned on. It may be an issue with your light switch or the wiring harness for the light itself.

OP
OP
S

Sixpnt4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
So upon daylight inspection, the plunger in the door jamb switch is broken off. I have a replacement, just need to figure out how to get the bugger out of there

OP
OP
S

Sixpnt4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Got the switch replaced. Who would have thought all ya do is just pull, lol. Have a dome light now too, just from the switch being bad I suppose. Will be checking the speed control servo this weekend when I have time off work

OP
OP
S

Sixpnt4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Welcome and plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum plenum v v v ctrl v copy paste....

Do your plenum. :emotions122:

Hah yeah I've been looking into that. How hard is it for a DIY guy?

Also, there seems to be some fluid leaking all around my drivers side inner fender... The only things over there are brake fluid and PS fluid right? Levels on both seem to be holding steady, but I'm leaning more toward PS, since my gearbox is so sloppy

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Plenum can be easy if you have time and the tools and patience.

I would say power steering hose leaks a bit, mine is like that as well.Maybe pictures?
for the 4 years I've had it and through the police chase it still hasnt let me down.

Welcome!

ADudeOnSkis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318/5.2 Magnum
Its easy if you have space, tools, and patience. And for ***** sake DONT OVER TORQUE ANYTHING! And while youre at it, replacing your TPS, IAC and CKPS wouldnt hurt.
ANd post pics. Lots of pics. We are pic ****** here.