New to the Forum, and Dodge as well!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright, I'm a Dodge / Ram newbie. Life long engineer in the auto industry, originally from Michigan now down in Missouri. Being a "car guy" I kinda like these salt free trucks!

Just picked up the attached '15 Express 2WD crew a little over a week ago. I've alayways been a GM guy through and through, but I just liked driving the Ram better....and the price was right for a truck less than one year old with less than 7k on the clock. 3.92 rear isn't so hot on gas, but I can live with it. Truck had everything else I was looking for.....but that hasn't and won't stop me from making my own additions!

I have noticed an intermittent issue with the rear turn signals. Message displays that they're out, but they're working fine. Message will clear, but while it's active the dash indicator blinks faster than the actual signals. I've searched the forum a bit, I did see an issue with the third brake light that can cause this problem, but it's sealed up and working fine. The previous owner did have some auxillary lighting at one point. A bit of a hack job how it was tied into the harness. I've corrected all of that properly. I'm not seeing anything else that could throw the circuits resistance off. Just seeing if there's an easy fix before taking it to the dealer.

My other question, did all of these trucks come with Goodyear SRA's? My truck has Bridgestone's on it. Just trying to figure out if someone did some big smokey burnouts and had to replace tires already, or??

I appreciate the help!

Chris

Attachments

• 20160521_122900.jpg
    20160521_122900.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
ckleinfeld

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Scratch the tail light question, found the culprit. In the most obvious of places.

Attachments

• 20160530_095527.jpg
    20160530_095527.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 38

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome!!! Glad to have you. Someone might have just been smart and through those junk Goodyear's away and replaced them with something a lot better--just a guess on my part
Jay

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Great looking truck! Welcome to the site Chris

Tony:head3:

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome and congrats!! Nice truck!

Someone might have just been smart and through those junk Goodyear's away and replaced them with something a lot better--just a guess on my part
Jay

^^THIS! :)

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good looking truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And welcome to the forum from LA( Lower Alabama)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk