New Travel Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
well we sold our 2014 Dutchmen Denali 289RK and got a 2021 Gulfstream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD

Went from 33 feet to 22 feet lol. Needless to say it tows a lot better. My last trip i netted 15mpg with the Vintage vs 10 on the Denali. Not really worried about mpg i was just very shocked at the difference.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
well we sold our 2014 Dutchmen Denali 289RK and got a 2021 Gulfstream Vintage Cruiser 19ERD

Went from 33 feet to 22 feet lol. Needless to say it tows a lot better. My last trip i netted 15mpg with the Vintage vs 10 on the Denali. Not really worried about mpg i was just very shocked at the difference.
Congrats... How much net living space did you give up?

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Congrats... How much net living space did you give up?
Funny facts...my new trailer is about as long as the awning on my denali. The entire inside of new one is about as big as just the living area in my denali.

So A LOT , no regrets though. We downsized on purpose. For a multitude of reasons.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
That's a cool, retro-style trailer that's less than half the weight of your previous setup. Enjoy it, camping is a great escape!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Funny facts...my new trailer is about as long as the awning on my denali. The entire inside of new one is about as big as just the living area in my denali.

So A LOT , no regrets though. We downsized on purpose. For a multitude of reasons.
That is kinda funny... Good for you for recognizing that downsizing was the right move. Enjoy the new digs!

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Nice camper. Lots of good to be said about those sized campers! I call my 33ft 5ver toyhauler a mobile apartment.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
That's a cool, retro-style trailer that's less than half the weight of your previous setup. Enjoy it, camping is a great escape!
Vintage is 3300
Denali was 7200

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
We got a solid one piece roof, single axle, no slides... lowered the maintenance by leaps and bounds also.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
We got a solid one piece roof, single axle, no slides... lowered the maintenance by leaps and bounds also.
That's very cool looking. If you don't mind my asking, what was the price, more or less?

Paulie66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

We are looking at purchasing a tt. Can you share some real world experience with reference to your decision to switch from a 33’ to a 22’.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We are looking at purchasing a tt. Can you share some real world experience with reference to your decision to switch from a 33’ to a 22’.

Simplicity!
If you dont need all the extra room it simply makes sense.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year

Towing the Denali was fine, it was getting that big thing in and out of gas stations and some campgrounds was challenging, sometimes, you had to really plan ahead.

Towing the Vintage is super easy. I even pulled between pumps in the middle with a work truck next to me. Backing it into spots, everything is just easier.

The reason we down sized is;

• Kids no longer camp with us so no need for the extra space
  • 1 axle
  • No slides
  • 1 piece front-roof-back
  • easier to wash
  • easier to wax
  • easier to maneuver
  • lower maintenance over all
  • little better on gas but not a huge factor

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
In all honesty, how was it towing that with a half ton? I am very curious.

Towing the Denali was fine, it was getting that big thing in and out of gas stations and some campgrounds was challenging, sometimes, you had to really plan ahead.

Towing the Vintage is super easy. I even pulled between pumps in the middle with a work truck next to me. Backing it into spots, everything is just easier.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990